029

MY PURPOSE - JOHN B ROUTLEDGE

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE - PSYCHO KILLER

KILLER

Eleanor woke up the next morning to the smell of pancakes and coffee which was weird because Leon's usually at work when she wakes up. Throwing on an oversized jumper she then walked downstairs to see Leon in fact cooking some pancakes in a pan with a cup of coffee in his other hand.

Leon turned around the sudden noise of someone walking in the kitchen. He smiled when he saw niece "Hey sweetheart, I made you and John B some breakfast. I hope he likes pancakes"

Eleanor let out a small chuckle while taking a seat on one of the stools at the breakfast counter "I'm sure he will Leon" She thanked him when he passed a cup of steaming hot coffee "Aren't you meant to be at work by now?"

"I'm the boss Eli" Leon said as he grabbed two plates out the cupboard above him "I'll go in when I like"

Eleanor raised her eyebrows with a smile as she put her hands up in defence "My bad, boss"

Leon plated up the pancakes, shaking his head with a smile "God you are just like your dad" He then placed the plate in front of her and handed her the maple syrup when John B walked in half asleep.

"Hey, morning John B, got some pancakes here for ya" John B nodded as he took a seat next to Eleanor and then a plate full of pancakes were soon in front of him "You want anything to drink? Coffee?"

"Yeah just some coffee thanks" He then took a bite of his pancake after pouring a ton of maple syrup all over them "Okay this just might be the best food I've ever tasted"

"Don't say that you'll make his ego grow even bigger" Eleanor joked as Leon passed John B a cup of coffee before putting on his suit jacket.

"Hey! You love my cooking" He pointed at her with a smile. Grabbing his keys he stopped next to Eleanor on the way to the door and kissed her forehead "I gotta get going so you two stay out of trouble while I'm gone all right? I love you El"

"I love you too!" She called out before he walked out the door as it shut behind him.

The two continued to eat their food when John B's phone buzzed on the counter next to him. John B frowned when he saw who it was "Holy shit Wards just texted me"

Eleanor nearly choked on her pancakes "Ward as in Ward Cameron? Sarah's dad?" He nodded before he began to read the text to her.

"He says that he's sorry for being too harsh when he fired me. It was only a small indiscretion which I was honest about it. He has a job for me that pays good money and told me to come talk to him at his house"