002

MY PURPOSE - JOHN B ROUTLEDGE

CHAPTER TWO - THE GOOD LIFE

"She knows her stuff" JJ squealed as he watched Eleanor surf "And she's h-"

But JJ didn't get to finish his sentence when Kiara cut him off "-hot yes we know JJ. You've said it like a hundred times"

"What I was gonna say before Kie cut me off there was she's hot but I'll let John B get in on this one"

"What?" John B nearly choked on his own spit as he looked at JJ to elaborate "I've seen the way you look at her man, your in love. And then when she came over to us yesterday and you started blushin' and shit"

"Oh yeah? I blush" He shoved JJ playfully.

"Don't you think she's a bit ya know dodgy? Like she wasn't even here for five seconds and the police were already talking to her"

JJ rolled his eyes as he patted Pope's shoulder "Pope you think anyone who's involved with the police is dodgy"

"Talking about me again?" They all looked up to see Eleanor stood in-front of them with her surfboard tucked under her arm and a smirk on her face. She laughed when she saw their faces "I'm joking, relax"

"So how's the obx life treating you?" John B asked her quickly changing the subject while he quickly looked the girl up and down hoping he went unnoticed.

She shrugged "Much quieter than LA that's for sure"

"So I see your pretty good at surfing" JJ said as Eleanor let out a laugh "Yeah you've got my uncle Brian to thank for that, he taught me well. So what are you guys doing here anyway?"

Before any of the boys could speak, Kiara had beat them to it "We were off to Figure Eight and wondered if you wanted to join us"

Eleanor shrugged "Sure, why not"

----

"Take one more step John B and you'll fall to your death" Eleanor laughed, sitting on one of the many houses in Figure Eight that were still being built as she looked up at John B up on the roof while drinking a beer of corona.

"Exactly" Pope added from the ground, agreeing with the girl "That's what, a three story fall to the deck? I give you about a one in three chance of survival"

"Hm" John B paused "Should I do it Toretto?"

Eleanor smiled as she pretended to think for a second "Yeah, the colour red would suit you"

John B give her the middle finger as she laughed, finishing her beer.

"I think you should jump, I'll shoot you on the way down" Pope smiled as he held a drill in front of his eyes "I'm with you on this one Pope"

"Pope, you're gonna shoot me? And you Toretto, how rude. I thought we were becoming friends"

"Pow"

Kiara then walked up onto the roof of the house with an annoyed look on her face "They're really gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers?"

"Of course they are, why wouldn't they?"

"This used to be a turtle habitat but who cares about the turtles I guess?" Kiara then looked up to see John B dangling over the roof "Can you please not kill yourself?"

"Don't spill that beer! I'm not giving you another one!" JJ yelled up to him as he leant against some railing.

"Yeah I bought those!" Eleanor added with a playful smile but they spoke too soon as John B dropped the drink off the roof "Oh shit"

"Of course you did, right when I told you not to" JJ threw his arms up dramatically.

"Smooth" Kiara added.

"Hey!" A man called out from the side of the house.

"Shoot, securities here!" Pope turned to them all "Let's wrap it up"

"The boys are early today" John B said as he started rolling himself down from the roof as Eleanor stopped from a second and watched as the cops got out of the car way too slow for Eleanor. This wasn't what it was like in LA.

"Let's go guys!" Kiara smirked snapping Eleanor out of her trance.

"You ready Toretto?" John B had a smirk on his face and his hand outstretched to her but she ignored his offer and just jumped down from the roof herself, surprising John B "Come on estúpido, this is like a walk in the park for me"

John B smiled as he ran after her while JJ was sliding under the railing as he caught up to everyone "Hey Gary! Is that you?"

"Get your asses back here!" The security yelled out as the crew plus Eleanor was running through the house and weaving their way through all the construction and a few security guards that had already managed to make it inside.

"Hey stop!" A security guard who clearly went by the name Gary shouted at the teens who were laughing as they easily slipped through each guards.

"Not much of a hugger man!" JJ laughed as he pushed a guard off him.

"Go, go, go, go!" JJ yelled to them all as Eleanor and Pope jumped the fence outside.

"Get up Pope! Fatso's coming!" JJ helped up a fallen Pope before running again.

"Come here you little pricks!"

"Get your asses in!" Kiara called from the car as Pope, Eleanor, and JJ jumped into the van.

John B sped up with Gary still running and yelling behind them as JJ started to torment him.

"JJ your gonna give him a heart attack!" Eleanor laughed as she climbed over and into the passenger seat next to John B as she looked at him and smiled "Hi"

John B looked over at the girl next to him and smiled back "Hey"

"They don't pay you enough bro!"

"JJ, stop, stop!" Kiara begged with a motherly tone "Oh come on! That sort of initiative is just begging to be punished" He laughed.

"Well" Eleanor said as she leant her head back on the head rest of the seat "That defiantly wasn't what I was used to but it was alright"

The pogues laughed as Eleanor smiled. Passing the welcome to Outer Banks sign as John B was going to drop Eleanor back off at the beach where her car was when her phone started going off.

"Oh shit" Eleanor knew it was no coincidence when the ID on her phone said 'Mama<3' and they were just being chased by security not that long ago. 

"Wish me luck"