9. Bechaini | Restlessness | بے چینی

Start from the beginning

She didn't open the door even after ringing the bell for the fourth time. His heart urged him to use the key, which he always avoided but Today, however, he listened to his heart, opened the door, and found her apartment eerily silent.

Confused, he went toward her bedroom, thinking she might be sleeping. He opened the door and witnessed a painful scene of betrayal. The love of his life was sleeping with someone else. A wave of anguish engulfed him, crushing the depth of love he had held for her. Stumbling back, a vase on his left side broke, waking her up.Now He couldn't stop his sobs.

She woke up, saw him standing there with tears on his face, and looking beside her,she panicked. He left her bedroom; he didn't need to hear it from her mouth. Everything was clear. She ran toward him, begging him to stop.

"Please, Jaan, stop. At least listen to me. I'm sorry, please stop," she pleaded. He never did. His focus was on her lack of denial and defense. He left her apartment and drove home.

"She didn't deny she didn't deny she said sorry" This was continuously playing in his mind.

The intensity of his emotions tore through his soul, leaving behind shards of trust scattered like fragile glass. The realization that the person he had invested his heart in could inflict such pain shattered him to the core. His once reservoir of love seemed irreparably broken. The agony of witnessing the person he loved embrace another erased the possibility of love anew. The very essence of trust lay tattered, leaving scars that time might not fully heal. From that moment, the walls of his heart stood as a solemn testament to a love so profound that its fragments would forever remain embedded in the ruins of a once-treasured connection.

"And that day, a part of him died, just as she became dead to him."

(Are you too wondering who is he?)

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Present

RUMI'S POV

I was examining a new patient when Dr. Hamza summoned me to his office. Our relationship had improved significantly; he used to be distant and strict, but now he seemed warmer.

Unfortunately, my colleague Sani and I rarely had the chance to converse at the hospital, as our senior had assigned us to different floors-Sani on the first floor under Dr. Arsh, and me on the ground floor under Dr. Hamza.

Eventually, I rose from my chair and made my way to Dr. Hamza's cabin. After a knock, I entered upon hearing his low 'come in.' He was engrossed in some files, looked up, and offered a slight smile.

He had evolved into something more than just a senior-neither strictly a friend nor less than that.

"Are you busy today?" he inquired, bringing me back to reality.

"After the shift?" I asked.

"Yeah," he replied nervously, occasionally rubbing his neck.

"There's a party tonight for our senior's retirement. Will you come?"

Surprised at his nervousness, I hesitated, considering I wasn't an official staff member.

"Umm, is it fine with evryone? I mean, I'm not a permanent part of the staff.

"I'm inviting you. Nobody would say anything to you as long as I'm there," he reassured sternly, and for some reason, I blushed.

"Okay, I will come."

"Go complete your work," he said coldly, leaving me wondering if he might be bipolar, switching between kindness and coldness.

Exiting his cabin, I attended to other patients.got busy in my thoughts.