Reality

KOKICHIS' POV:

I wake up to hear a buzzing, then people talking around me. Squinting my eyes I see a group of nurses putting IV's and giving me other sorts of medication.

I flinch and they realize I'm awake. "Oh you're awake! How are you feeling? Can you see me?" The nurses around me say as they scurry around doing god knows what. I notice one looking at a heart monitor I didn't even know I was hooked up to until now.

"Im fine,, just tired I guess??" I try to gather my thoughts as the nurses continue to bombard me with stupid questions. "Why am I here again? I can barely remember anything" I say ignoring the fact I can remember some things just so I don't need to think of them.

"The 53rd killing game, which you were in, has officially ended and now you're here so we can heal you and your classmates until you're all healthy enough to be discharged." She said.

Oh yeah. That happened.
Wait pause my classmates??

"What do you mean my classmates?" I ask very obviously confused. She goes on about how once the killing game ends we all get sent here to be taken care of and blah blah blah, I didn't care enough to remember most of it.

Still, that includes everyone. Everyone that "hurt"someone and everyone that got "hurt". GODD what were these people thinking??

The last nurse leaves after taking my vitals, passing me some antibiotics, after she tells me dinner is every night at 6pm. So far no one is allowed outside their rooms unless it's for visiting hours, but Im basically betting on the fact no one will visit me. So I basically have nothing to do besides watch tv.

I decide to put on some horror movie but it doesn't entertain me for long considering it's one of those basic 'ghost kids haunt a house because they have mommy issues' situation. I flip through the channels before falling asleep out of probably boredom.

——————————————————————————

A few days and lots of annoying conversations with doctors later they decide that I'm not allowed to leave my room for the next few days until my fainting spells get better on their own or until they decide it's bad enough to prescribe me medication for it.

They said the way I.. "got hurt", made me lose a lot of blood even in the real world. So that's most likely where the fainting spells are coming from.

They also made me start talking to a therapist because I've apparently been ruled as "mentally unwell" due to how I was in the game. Which I think is stupid considering that is a completely out of ordinary situation which no one would act like themselves.

unless you're stupid enough not to.

I hear the door open assuming it's my nurse until I see a group of 2 people walk in, Shuichi and maki.
"Oh, wrong room." Maki says while walking out, which is to be expected, it's maki. But Shuichi just stares at me with pity before saying "So sorry, hope you feel better.😢🥺" and leaving the room with her.

Why did he look at me like that?? Does he think I'm pathetic or something??? I don't need them or their help if that's what they think. I literally survived almost that WHOLE killing game ON MY OWN. I can handle myself.

My therapist says I should open myself up more, but I think that's bullshit. Why would you open yourself up to people who murdered others the second they had the opportunity? Thats just idiotic!

For the past few days the room right next to me has been constantly loud, which makes me wonder whose room it is. I try to listen through the wall but I can't make out the voices, all I can figure out is one is very annoying and LOUD. Visit hours are from 12-2pm and 3-5pm, so it's basically just non stop yelling for most of the day. The only time it's quiet is in the morning, lunch, or after dinner time. Hopefully whoever's room it is shuts up soon because there's always people yelling and laughing in their room and I always need to cover my ears because of it.

Dinner comes in about 20 minutes later? Im assuming since im not good with time, and the clock is too far to read. It's mashed potatoes with boiled chicken and a small cup of chocolate pudding for dessert, which to be honest isn't that bad for hospital food.

The nurse also hands me my phone which they've been keeping from me until I "could be trusted with it" and,"not act on impulse." Girl let's be honest here what would I even do that's impulsive with a PHONE?

I finished my dinner and I'm just BOREDD.
without any visitors there's not much to do since all I can do is watch tv or watch tv on my phone which actually you would never guess are not very different!!!! At least I have better options because of YouTube, but it's still hard trying to find something that isn't something related to the killing game.

———————————————————————————

The next morning, well afternoon, I wake up at 12pm to sooooo much talking outside. The others have been allowed to leave their rooms but I still can't until my fainting spells go away.

I'm just kinda stuck by myself now since visiting hours aren't really a thing now. It's not like people even came to my room anyway, so it's not much of a difference besides the fact that it's always loud now.

After awhile I come with the conclusion that Kaitos' room is the room next door because again just like before it's constantly loud in there, plus Shuichi and Maki came into my room on accident and who else would they be seeing?

I would be jealous that people came to see him if I cared, the peace is nice enough.

HIIII! I honestly had no idea what to write
about in the first chapter since the start of
stories have always been hard for me.
it's such a big deal on how you start your story
considering it's what peoples first impression
of it is so I tend to be a perfectionistk lol
so for some context this is a collection of kokichis
Thoughts during the first few days of being at the hospital
On another note
I hope you liked the first chapter since
I made it at like 1-6am ??
byee !!!!!!!