blossom

July 21st. 2017.
My mother always told me journaling is a way to relieve stress from the day. But I never knew I'd use it during a zombie apocalypse. I don't like to talk about my past but I might... eventually. It's day thirty. And I'm alone. It's been carnage. I don't have much food left. And I traveled so far already. I don't know how much longer I can go. I never felt more suicidal than I do right now. But zombies and other people already want to kill me so I refuse to kill myself. I'm so exhausted. But I have to keep moving. I approached a devoid supermarket. It didn't look like it had been looted too badly. I clutched my gun attached to my waist. Thank god for my dad being a gun enthusiast. I miss him. I scan the entrance of the supermarket. Boarded up of course.... I sneak around the back. There's an open door. That can't be good.

   I reach for my dad's Smith and Wesson. Twenty-nine in the clip one in the head just how I like it. I gradually enter the supermarket preparing myself for what's to come. It's dimly lit but packed. Wow, I can't believe my luck. I stroll over to the canned food section. I take a look around before placing cans of food into my backpack. The essentials. Corn beans fruit. Things that will last a while. I grab enough to last but not too much that it would slow me down. I then stroll to the snacks section. A bag of chips won't hurt. Or Oreos. God I want Oreos so bad. I took the Oreos and the flaming Doritos while also searching for some water bottles. When I saw him. My age about. Seventeen. He looked drained. Purple bags covered his white skin. Black long hair followed. Clothes looked fairly new though despite the flew blood splatters. He was tall and equitably handsome. His facial expression reflected mine. Shock. Surprise. Yet. A sick sense of satisfaction. How could he be anything but horrified in our situation? His face changed to nothing but fear when he yelled " HEY BITCH RUN "I started to yell when I heard the grunts and moans of the dead a few feet behind me. I turned around to see ten, not twenty. Fifteen maybe? Zombies standing there looking at us hungrily. I felt my body start moving next thing you know me and the mysterious boy are making a getaway for the back exit of the supermarket. I hear the feet of zombies chasing behind us. We make it outside and I see him running to a Black SUV " HEY GET IN "I take his orders and hop in the back of the black SUV. An older-looking boy and Another Girl were inside. " DRIVE " the supermarket boy exclaims. His expression now displays rage mixed with subliminal fear. The older boy in the front hits the gas. " what the fuck happened dude " the older boy declares with a deep tone. "Man, I was about to leave and I saw her. And the zombies man. And we booked it " The supermarket boy looks at me "What's your name anyway chocolate " Laysia. " I convey with annoyance. " you" " my name is Luke. That is Mark and Leia "  I reply with silence.  The ride goes very awkwardly. We thankfully made it to a Two story home. On a secluded block. It was all boarded up I guess to ward off potential thieves. Mark brings the car to a stop. Then Luke gets out followed by Leia. I stay put, however. Until luke opens the door. Followed by a gun being pointed at me. " DUDE what the fuck are you doing. " I reach for my gun " I wouldn't do that pretty girl" followed by Mark and Leia opening the other side door and pointing their guns at me. Luke suddenly busts out laughing followed by Mark and Leia. They put their guns down and Mark walks over to Luke and high-fives him "You guys are so fucked "  I roll my eyes. Luke offers me his hand and I ignore it and hop out of the SUV "Rude " Luke groans. I look at him and roll my eyes once more. "Bro go tell Matthew And Gina to bring the carts out.  Luke rolls his eyes and turns his focus to the likewise aged-looking girl " Leia can you like do me a solid and tell them "She rolls her eyes and walks over to the back of the house. " sorry I spoke to you like that earlier I had to get your attention" Luke says whilst rubbing his head. " no offense taken " I replied coldly. I walk over to the trunk of the car and look at the galore of groceries. My jaw almost drops to the floor " Impressed? " Mark asks me. " more than ". Just then Gina Mathew and Leia come out from the garage with a cart from the supermarket. They load jugs of water. Cereals. Milk pop tarts. Bags of chips and meats. Fishes. Sodas. Canned foods. Anything you crave they had it. Once everything was filled into the cart they headed back inside. Mark ushered me and Luke to get back in while he parked the car in the garage attached to the house.

  Once he successfully did that. We got out and walked through a door that was attached to this long hallway. To the main house. It was way bigger on the inside than on the outside. I took a mental note of everything I can't be too careful. Mark Took us to the living room space of the house, it was next to the kitchen which was equally as beautiful as the living room white and black correlated. Leia Matthew and Gina were putting away the groceries into the pantry from the trip earlier. I plopped on the couch. It's been so long since I sat on a comfortable couch. Luke plops down next to me. And stares at me I didn't notice his blue eyes before but they were beautiful they reminded me of the ocean my parents took me to when I was younger. " so how did you end up in the supermarket Laysia " He asked inquiringly "Well. I found myself running out of food and um I stumbled across the supermarket and it didn't seem too raided so " "Wow so you were out here by yourself it's fucking brutal out here dude " "Yeah I'm a savage " I smiled a little Luke did too. " well what about you guys?" " Well, we were not too far from the supermarket of course. As you may have seen. This is Mark's' and Matthews  Father's home. He was a sy-fi freak so he built this place exactly for this purpose. We have a home security system and everything." "How come you trust me so much " I cut him off mid-sentence. He looks at me puzzled at first but the expression changes to a smile " I just do. " he says. Just then Mark comes out of the pantry with a bottle of Tequila. " it's time to drink bitchessss" Gina comes out with glasses enough for everyone and hands them out while Leia gets the ice for us. Mark salts everyone's rims and pours us up. Luke was still seated next to me with his glass in his hand.   " So Malaysia where are you from?" " Denver" what about you Mark?" " I'm from New York all of us are really". We drank and Matthew pulled out some board games.