eleven. the loss of morality

[ eleven

[ eleven. the loss of morality ]

THE MOMENT THE bell rang, the tributes started running. Some to the tuners while others to the weapons, Treech being one of them.

As he rushed toward the weapons, Panlo pushed him to the side and climbed up the rumble. Cassia gasped when Panlo grabbed a word and turned to Treech. He stepped back at the sight of the sword, and just as Panlo attempted to thrash his sword toward Treech, Tanner pushed him to the side. 

That allowed Treech to run to the weapons and grab both axes. Cassia frowned at why he didn't take just one but quickly realized when she saw him, quickly slid it to the other side of the arena, where Lamina was standing nervously. Cassia allowed herself to smile at the gesture. Amid this chaos, he still had her in his mind. Cassia just hoped the rest of the pack was too busy fighting to notice. 

Upon noticing Lucy Gray, the lumberjack slid down the rumble and slammed his ax against the ground when the girl rolled away from his attack. She fell to the ground as Treech swung his ax once more but she had an impressive skill in avoiding everyone's attacks. Before he could try again, a knife thrown by Sol sliced his arm.

Cassia held her breath when Treech dropped his ax to hold his injured arm. Anxious thoughts flooded her mind as she watched the boy grunt in pain. Thankfully Coral was around him, so it was unlikely that anyone would approach them. It felt strange to feel relieved about having someone as reckless as Coral by his side.

It was clear by now that Lucy Gray was the main attraction. Not only did all the cameras point to her but even the tributes appeared to be very interested in her. No matter where she looked she found people chasing after her, especially Coral. Cassia felt bad for her, she was just an unlucky girl. Yet the image of Snow's smug expression every time she managed to escape, boiled the girl's blood and it was impossible to fight the satisfaction that would follow if Lucy Gray died and Snow lost. He always got away with everything. Always one step ahead of everyone, always the teacher's pet— except for Dean Highbottom, but that didn't count because he hated everyone— Why can't she get what she wants for once, just this once?

The camera finally caught a glimpse of Treech stepping behind Coral who pulled her pitchfork out of Circ's unmoving body, viciously eyeing the girl with the rainbow dress. Finally finding Jessup—who seemed to be crawling around the arena. Lyssie was right, something was wrong with him—Lucy Gray dragged him to the tunnels, Coral, Treech, and the rest of the pack at their tail.

Somehow she was able to find a door in the tunnels and she desperately tried to open it the loud footsteps around her made her more anxious by the minute.

The first to emerge in the tunnels was Treech the rest of the pack following him when he said "This way." In the meantime, Hy and Sol finally caught up to the District Twelve tributes who eventually pushed through the little opening on the door.

Sol attempted to push through as well but before she could, the pack ambushed them. Hy died quietly when Treech's axe met the back of his head unlike Sol, who died with a loud screech as Coral stabbed her trident in her back. Lucy Gray quickly grabbed Jessup and hid away from the door leaving the pack outside.

Cassia's stomach turned when Treech stayed motionless, eyes locked on Hy's dead body. He snapped back to reality when he heard Coral's voice.

"Hey, lumberjack, get in there and get her out!" She demanded and Cassia scoffed at her tone.

Thankfully, Treech protested "I'm not sticking my head in there, she could be waiting with a brick"

Coral let out an irritated sigh at that "I knew we should have recruited that Reaper kid." 

Cassia frowned at that. That comfortable feeling of having Coral around quickly disappeared with that last remark. Judging by Treech's annoyed expression they were thinking the same thing. This girl cannot be trusted.

"That was messy." Festus commented, Persephone nodding. 

"I hope it's over soon." She said.

"At least they can get a moment of peace." Cassia noted since all the chaos seemed to have died down. The only people seen on the screen were Reaper who helped Dill to the tunels. 

Cassia felt sick at the images of all the dead tributes, she didn't even want to imagine how Treech was feeling she just hoped his hand didn't hurt anymore because no matter how much she scrolled through the menu in her monitor, all she could find was water and various foods.

"Nothing huh?" Pup asked when he noticed her struggle.

"Did they seriously add only food and water? Treech is hurt, how am I supposed to help him" The girl complained and Festus chuckled.

"It's just a cut, Cass. He'll manage" He reassured

TREECH'S HEAD WAS spinning. Everything felt wrong. Everywhere he looked was red. The ground, his clothes, his hands.

Coral said 'No one would dare to get to the weapons' So why this shitshow before happened?  Frantic thoughts swirled in Treech's mind as he sat across Tanner. Coral finally decided it would be a good idea to rest for a while before going back to the arena.

It didn't feel so wrong in moments before, so why was it now? If I hadn't killed him, he would've killed me Yet that thought didn't feel so simple when Hy's lifeless eyes were clear in Treech's mind.

"Dude, you're pissing me off" Tanner groaned and Treech looked at him confused. Only when Tanner nodded to his hands, did he realize that he had been rubbing them for a while. Desperately scrubbing the blood off his fingers.

"The blood is pissing me off" Treech emphasized the 'me' mockingly and Tanner scoffed.

"Didn't think you're so sensitive, lumberjack." The boy taunted.

What the fuck do you know about me?  Was what Treech wanted to say but he just remained silent.

The boy wondered if his family was watching. Were they disappointed? The thought of Hazel witnessing her older brother run around the arena, slaughtering people felt sickening to him. 

Was she watching? Was she worried? 

No matter how he tried to push the thoughts of his mentor away, they always crept back to him. The image of her smile when she visited him, her sympathetic eyes when he told her about his worries. She was Capitol and she had everything he and his family deserved. The first times she brought him food he felt like a dog, like his owner was training him. It felt like a completely new low to be in. But she never saw it that way...

AUTHOR'S NOTE

LIL TREECH POV YEYYY. I really need to update faster :((

ANYWAYS I really want to lowkey rewrite this story or edit it in the future. BUT i hope you enjoyed this chapter <333