Chapter 5

Steve walked in wearing the uniform, Natasha looked at him, unprepared

"Time to go."
"Go where?" Natasha asked.
"I'll tell you on the way. Can you fly one of those jets?"
Barton walked out of the restroom and looked at Cap, "I can."
Steve looked at Natasha and she nodded her head to confirm Barton's on their side.
"You got a suit?" Steve asked.
"Yeah." Clint replied.
"Then suit up."

Captain America pulled on his helmet and shield. Tony welded his Iron Man helmet. Light slipped down over Iron Man's eye holes.
Black Widow attached a glove gauntlet with her rounds on her wrist. A blue light charged. Black Mage took knives and a gun, placed them in pockets and wore her blue hooded cape.
Hawkeye slipped on his quiver of arrows.
Cap, Mage, Widow and Hawkeye walked towards and into the Quinjet. A young SHIELD pilot looked and stood in their way, "You are not authorized to be here..."
"Son... just don't." Steve interrupted him.

Fury looked the window of the ship, contemplating. Agent Hill walked up to him, knowing.
"Sir."
"Agent Hill?"
"Those cards, they were in Coulson's locker, not in his jacket."
"They needed the push."
A loud noise screeched. Fury looked out to see Iron Man flying off as well as the Quinjet.
"They found it. Get our communications back up, whatever you have to do. I want eyes on everything."
"Yes, sir."

                                                                                      ⍟ⴵ

Iron Man arrived at Stark Tower where Selvig, activated the CMS device, holding the Tesseract.
"Sir, I took off the arc reactor. The device is already self-sustained." Jarvis said.
"Shut it down, Dr. Selvig."
"It's too late! It can't stop now. He wants to show us something! A new universe."
"Okay."
Iron Man aimed his hands toward the CMS and fired. The energy from his boosters shattered with a deafening crack! Selvig fell backwards.
Down below, citizen of New York looked up at Stark Tower. Iron Man stared in disbelief at the CMS... unharmed.
"The barrier is pure energy. It's unbreachable. The Mark VII is not ready to be deployed."
"Skip the spinning rims. We're on the clock."
Tony landed his suit and went through the gauntlet and unsuited him. Loki looked up at him, smiling. They proceeded to walk into the penthouse.

Loki walked in, holding the Scepter. Tony casually walked down the steps, towards the bar.
"Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity." Loki said.
"Uh... actually, I'm planning to threaten you." Tony replied.
"You should have left your armour on for that."
"Yeah, it's seen a bit of mileage. You've got the blue stick of destiny. Would you like a drink?"
"Stalling me won't change anything."
"No, no, no! Threatening. No drink? You sure? I'm having one."
"The Chitauri are coming, nothing will change that. What have I to fear?"
"The Avengers." Loki looked at him, confused as Tony continued, "It's what we call ourselves, sort of like a team. "EARTH'S MIGHTIEST HEROES" type of thing."
"Yes, I've met them."
"Yeah, takes us a while to get any traction, I'll give you that one. But, let's do a head count here. Your brother, the demi-God; a super soldier, a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend; a former spy-assassin with superpowers; a man with breath-taking anger management issues; a couple of master assassins, and you, big fella, you've managed to piss off every single one of them."
"That was the plan."
"Not a great plan. When they come, and they will, they'll come for you."