Wrath 5

[At Lotus Pier]

The moment Qingheng-jun's, Jiang Fengmian's and Wen Rouhan's sword clashed, their footing crumbled. They pushed each other away, standing high atop the poles on the pier. Qingheng-jun flicked his white blade and took out one old guqin. It looked like Lan Wangji's Wangji guqin if not for the intricate carvings on it. He played a song from the book of turmoil that took the Lan Sect Disciple's by surprise. The unusual music felt like that of Lan but not. However, the disciples were sure they once heard this battle music. Yes, it was same with the battle music Lan Wangji plays when he became a sect elder.

"To think, one forbidden song is not enough to defeat you... One note can kill someone or many but it didn't had any effect on you..." Qingheng-jun willfully praised Wen Rouhan. The latter smiled and said, "I have long past the level to be affected by child's play."

"Then... What if..." Strumming one strong note, Wen Rouhan was forced to step away from the pole he was on. Qingheng-jun's attack seemed like sharp blades with the same effect of the chord assassination.

"Please do not forget about me." Jiang Fengmian with his purple sword launches one swift attack, keeping Wen Rouhan's sole off the ground. The barrage of guqin attacks and Jiang Fengmian's swordmanship cornered Wen Rouhan. The latter struggled to find a good footing with the onslaught. But bored old man Wen is definitely wearing a very joyful expression.

"This fight made me wonder how that cunning fox, killed me! This is exhilarating!" Wen Rouhan laughed, raising his hand and a black ball appears, it blocked Qingheng-jun's qin attack. His hand with the sword clashed with Jiang Fengmian. Taking on Fengmian's head, Wen Rouhan smashed it to the ground, destroying Fengmian's head with his black ball. He threw his blade to the air, snapped his hands together and summoned another black ball. With a smirk, Wen Rouhan crushed the black ball and a huge explosion happened.

"To weak... To weak—"

Wen Rouhan paused after seeing the huge protective string array surrounding them. Qingheng-jun marvelously defended the entire pier with a different technique of the strings. Wen Rouhan was about to break it when a large powerful thunderbolt rained on him.

"Fen—g—mian!" He growled before he waved his hand to destroy the thunderbolts momentum.

"You okay, Fengmian?"

"I am fine... A-Xian and his impossibility... Dying for the second and reliving is quite a shock." Jiang Fengmian sighed. Although, Zidian is the only spiritual artifact that controls lighting, it can't be denied that Jiang Sect had always been good at using lightning. Before he gave Zidian to Yu Ziyuan, he had once been the master of the ring. Furthermore, this insane regenerating ability is making him scared of himself.

"You raised one hell of a disciple. It's scary." Qingheng-jun offhandedly comments and chuckle lightly.

"As usual... To hear you laughing while fighting me had always been insulting, Yuxin." Wen Rouhan groggily complained while sulking as he stepped and snapped a piece if wood. "It hurts my feelings too."

(A/N: Qingheng-jun's name, Lan Tian; courtesy, Lan Yuxin)

"Rouhan... You don't have that kind of petty feelings." Jiang Fengmian seconded earning a laugh from Wen Rouhan.

"Haha... true... though you have always been powerful Qingheng-jun... Well, I wouldn't be surprised to see you dead Fengmian, fully knowing your kind nature. It almost took me by surprise to hear that you died when Wen Chao attacked this pier. Was it because of Ziyuan?" Wen Rouhan asked, "if only you didn't let that anger took over, maybe you could've saved Ziyuan. I find it hilarious that you didn't even lasted a fight, after all that arrows and swords strucked on you reaching your spouse. My son told me your pathetic side! To think you even took the last shot for your wife and have your core broken!"