CHOICE II

The martial's couldn't find the words to say after that monumental 'wreaking havoc and destroying the world'. They found themselves cursing the ghost king who wore a very satisfied look watching them in peril. Men of the same path think alike. Only The ever-patient Xie Lian had a soft smile while reprimanding Hua Cheng like a kid. No one expected him to ask the demonic cultivator what to do. Hua Cheng has always been seen alone and does everything alone. To think he considered someone's life in his decision was a total shock.

Meanwhile, the cultivators watched how Lan Wangji held Wei Wuxian's hand. The said man's decision wasn't easy. They know how this man waited for Wei Wuxian for thirteen years and now, he is to leave again with no assurance of coming back alive. For sure, they all had a bitter taste in their mouths after they understand what Wei Wuxian had done decades ago. He doesn't have a core during the war, of course, driven with hatred and revenge, he took the crook path and protected them. This was the first time they felt so bad after antagonizing him for years. Of course, the most painful thing they learned, how selfless he was to give his core to Jiang Wanyin. No wonder.... no wonder, Jiang Wanyin protected and stood by his side all the time. It was a bond they can never break.

Well, the same cannot be said to the peak immortals. They stood there staring at Luo Binghe who refused to come to their side for a talk. Luo Binghe's soft gaze at Shen Qingqiu was noticeably different from before. They knew that Luo Binghe would go and fight the person who attacked Shen Qingqiu. However, to see him distance himself for the first time to his beloved Shizun, they're outright confused and baffled by his conduct. There's something wrong—so wrong that they couldn't understand what.

All in all, the demonic trio agreed to talk privately with only their trusted person beside them. Jiang Wanyin made the arrangements and summoned eight of his men to erect a solid barrier where no one could peek. Of course, only he can command the barrier. He could afford anyone to learn anything about this especially with what prizes these three will pay.

Closing the doors, Jiang Wanyin sat right beside Wei Wuxian. Beside Luo Binghe, Shen Qingqiu and Ming Fan sat, and beside Hua Cheng, they had Xie Lian and Feng Xin. This is going to be serious.

"So? What are we going to do?" Hua Cheng was the first to ask. He felt like he needed to open the conversation after all that happened with the old sage.

"I... Need some more time." Wei Wuxian was the first to reply, "I need to find suitable corpses to bring with me. I can't win with Wen Ning only."

"I have nothing to prepare. Though I must admit, I needed some time for now." Luo Binghe said, "I had a bad feeling at the eternal abyss."

Shen Qingqiu worriedly glanced at Luo Binghe.

"I see." Xie Lian nodded and asked, "A-Xian. After the burning of the Cloud Recesses, what happened next?"

"The indoctrination... But... It'll be impossible to do that... What comes after was the burning of Lotus Pier."

Both Wei Wuxian and Jiang Wanyin clenched their fists. It didn't go unnoticed by the other parties. "If it's okay. When did it happen?"

"After two months." Jiang Wanyin replied.

"If we check the salient points of important events. The mortal's problem is earlier than the peak's conference." Ming Fan interjected, "may I ask, Your Highness, what event happened in the heavens thereafter."

"Nothing significant aside from the bride incident."

Xie Lian, "if I am right. The dates of the attacks were also the same day, I descended for the second earning this shackle."