Too bad, Xie Lian did not noticed the expression Shen Qingqiu wore while watching him.

"Ling Wen, I have a favor to ask." Xie Lian asked through the heavens communication array.

"Yes, what is it, your Highness?"

"....."

[Lan Wangji's POV]

It wasn't a surprise for Lan Wangji that his spouse saved someone yet again. Although it was alarming he trusted Wei Wuxian's words and took the person left in his care back to cloud recessess. With the events going on, the safest place is the already razed cloud recesses. He lay Shen Yuan on the mat of his Jingshi. Healers came and few senior disciples followed. He couldn't take Lan Jingyi from the military ranks so he could only rely on the man power left.

"I don't know what happened, but if that person is telling the truth, this is the Master Shen we know."

It kept ringing on his ears despite the fact he had seen this very face as an enemy. Few moments later, Shen Yuan woke up. His body ragged and finally, he glanced at Lan Wangji.

"Are you fine?" He asked.

"Binghe..." This is the same tone the master Shen he knew would call Luo Binghe. It wasn't t he same arrogant and indifferent tone from the Shen Qingqiu back at Lotus Pier.

"He is out fighting at the endless abyss with Wei Ying and Master Hua." Lan Wangji added, "he will be alright. If I am right they be quarreling right now."

Lan Wangji watched Shen Yuan rest his arm over his eyes. Tears fall from it, too real for a person who would wear a poker face. Really, sometimes tears are words that should be said.

"I envy you and Wei Wuxian." He says, "Because I couldn't tell him the truth... Because of fear, I may end up losing him."

Lan Wangji understood those word wrung from a broken man. He carefully wrapped Shen Yuan's right arm with the bandage as he said, "Wei Ying would keep everything by himself."

It was short, but Shen Yuan stared at him, "I Keep things by myself in hopes not to worry him."

[Shen Yuan's POV]

"And yet... when he decided to be honest, it broke me all over..." Lan Wangji whispered. "Master Shen, keeping the truth hurts the most than being honest... That fear... I once felt it too... Let me ask you, have ever tried conveying how much you treasure him?"

"Have you ever reassured him?"

Was telling him he's willing suffice?

"Master Shen... Have ever you told him, you love him?"

No. Never. He just went with the flow and trusted him. He want him by his side and willingly went with him and lived on a bamboo house. They would share heated nights but never, ever, he ever told him his feelings.

He's afraid to lose him and yet he can't tell him his feelings.

Now that everything was screwed, he realized the burden of telling Luo Binghe the truth. Binghe must have thought that he's forcing him to remain by his side.

Shen Yuan said nothing but he is willing. He said no supporting words but those lone words that meant both good and bad. Luo Binghe's expression when he finally set him free replayed on his head continuously. Binghe, us protecting the world in hopes of making him happy. That child is willing to fight to death and disappear thereafter. Binghe is doing this for him, for him to be free and safe—that he would live in peace. He knew, he felt Binghe's affection are for him and only him but not once he dared reassured him of that one thing he deserves.