D.U.F.F (part.2)

DUFF(part.2)

Emage settled for a pair of her old high school cheer shorts, along with a black t-shirt. She was finally in the comfort of her own apartment, away from those pricks at the party. Especially him, that rude guy, Klay, who managed to grind her gears within seconds of them meeting each other.

The bed sheets wrapped around her perfectly, the mattress molded to her liking allowing her to fit comfortably.

Although her bed was incredibly comfy, there was trouble in dreamland. It was impossible for her to get some sleep. The thought of that word Duff continued to plague her mind.

Every time she'd shut her eyes, the image of that goatee'd light skin man would pop up, repeatedly calling her a designated ugly fat friend.

She shot up from the bed, sitting up completely. Her laptop was within reach, so she reached over grabbing it from the nearby nightstand.

"Alright Google, show me what you've got..", quickly typing in the definition of duff into the search box, she waited patiently as the results loaded.

She clicked on the first suggested website, Urban Dictionary:Duff (D.U.F.F.).

Her eyes scanned the page,squinting at the horrid definition of the word. Disgust was written all over her face as she read the example.

TOP DEFINITION
Duff (D.U.F.F.)
abv. for Designated Ugly Fat Friend; Term men use to describe a less attractive friend, a woman brings with her to a party or social gathering to make herself look better by comparison. In some cases the more attractive woman will not "put out" for any male, unless one of his friends "takes one for the team" and "hits" the Duff.

Example: C'mon take one for the team and hit that Duff (D.U.F.F.), I'll buy you lunch tomorrow!
-by Dr. Slappy McGee III Esq. March 06, 2006

Coming across more definitions and examples, Emage wondered if this was really her.

The duff is always the most approachable one. When you're curious about a certain hot girl, you always approach the duff. That's where you'll get your answers. Now if you're concerned, running around going crazy because you're wondering if you're the duff, ask yourself this question: When was the last time someone asked you about yourself and not about your hot friends?
-by Wesley Rush. May 22, 2015

Never. No guy had ever asked her about herself without somehow bringing up Bianca or Em. The conversation would always steer towards them.

"What's Bianca's favorite movie?"

"Does Emily have a younger sister?"

"Are either Bianca or Emily free for Friday?"

Gosh, how could she be so stupid and not realize that she was the ugly friend of the group. Everything was leisurely starting to come together.

It all makes sense.

Why else would they bring me to that party? They both know that I hate parties but they still continue to drag me along. To make themselves look better? They could look good without me!

Questions, as to whether the friendship with her best friends was real, occupied her mind. She slammed her laptop shut, shoving it to the ground. There was no concern for the computer,if it was broken or not, she didn't care about the damn laptop anymore.

That's why Klay came to talk to me. He was taking one for the team. His friends probably wanted to hang out with B and Em so they sent him to do the dirty work. That's probably why he came at me so foul, who would want to be stuck with the duff?