D.U.F.F

D.U.F.F.

An abbreviation for 'Designated Ugly Fat Friend'. Often in a group of women (usually adolecents) there will be a D.U.F.F. as a means to look better by comparison.

"I'll be back, I'm going to get some fresh air. It's kind of congested in here!", Emage shouted to her friends, struggling to speak over the loud music. They nodded continuing to move their bodies to the beat of the music, paying her no mind.

Emage hated parties, and constantly asked herself why she had even attended. Oh yeah, because my friends forced me out of my bed and dragged me here. Yeah, she could've easily left bearing in mind that she had drove her own car there, but her conscious wouldn't allow her to leave her friends -who were most likely drunk- by themselves.

"Can you get the hell out of my way?!" she groaned, shoving past the sweaty bodies that rubbed against her, disgusted by the fact that the perspiration of the random people exuded onto her skin. Gross. The congestion was becoming too much for her and if she didn't escape the overcrowded area, she was sure she'd pass out.

After jostling pass people for what seemed like forever, she eventually found a patio. There were a few people out there drinking, conversing, sticking tongues down each others throat, but she didn't care. She was able to breathe in fresh air.

It was a mystery how her friends were able to deal with people rubbing against their bodies, invading their personal space but maybe it was just because her personal space was something she had cherished. Anyone who had even dared to pass the boundaries she had set for herself, man, they were in for a rude awakening.

Emage discarded the hair tie from her wrist, throwing her jet black hair into a ponytail. She fanned herself, exhaling as she leaned against the railing of the patio. Despite the fact that she hated being there, she loved the view. It was late at night so the city lights lit up the sky, the full moon was out illuminating the night sky faultlessly.

Clearing her mind, she thought about how she even ended up being at this party. Of course, her friends dragged her here, but how'd they even get invited to a party hosted in such an immense house. An immense house occupied with celebrities, whom she didn't really care for that much. She was pretty sure some of them weren't to fond of her, seeing that she had cursed at a few for bumping into her, not even sparing an apology. Who did they think they were? She was well aware of who they were but there was no room for disrespect no matter who they were.

Now she remembers, her friend, Emily, was invited by some well-known basketball player. She had forgot his whole name but she recalled Emily calling him Drew, or Andrew. Emage hadn't been staggered when her friend revealed that the guy was a basketball player for the Golden State Warrior, and that he had approached her after the basketball game she attended. With her beautiful blonde hair delicately resting on her shoulders, piercing blue eyes, and her supermodel like figure, she was bound to attract some type of celebrity.

"Hey, Duff.", she heard a deep voice call from a distance.

There was no way the man was speaking to her, so she continued to gaze at the night sky. From her peripheral vision, she could spot the tall figure stand next to her and lean against the railing as well.

"Hello? Duff, I know you heard me calling your name..", she shook her head, a small smile emerging onto her face. She turned her head, facing him. The young woman had been prepared to tell him off but her words became stuck in her throat.

The guys was pretty good looking,if anything about him lured her in, it was those full lips of his that were complimented by the perfect goatee.

He took the bottom one into his mouth, suckling on his own lip gently. The sight of the tall man was enough to melt a popsicle stick, it was also enough to melt Emage.

She snapped out of her thoughts,

"I don't know who you are, or who you think you are but I'm not the one you want to mess with. My name is not Duff, so I'd really appreciate it if you'd not call me that. Thanks."

A deep chuckled rumbled from the man's chest. He was amused by the woman's feisty behavior but nowhere near phased by her comments.

"I'm Klay Thompson. Famous basketball player, shooting guard for the Golden State Wa-"

"Listen, I didn't come here to listen to you talk about yourself. I came here to catch some fresh air and to get away from the ignorant individuals roaming this party but it looks like I can't do that.", she cut him off not fascinated one bit by what the man had to say.

"Ooo, I've never met a feisty duff."

The scowl on her face should have been a warning sign, but what could he say, he found amusement in bothering the short, angry woman.

"Why do you keep calling me that? What the hell is a duff?"

All of her weight was shifted onto her right leg, arms crossed over her chest, giving the alleged NBA star attitude.

"You don't know?", he questioned with one eyebrow raised.

"Obviously not, that's why I'm asking,", she commented stating the obvious.

"Designated Ugly Fat Friend.", he leered.

"Excuse Me?"

"That's what Duff means;Designated Ugly Fat Friend."

What?
Did he just?
I know he did not just?

Emage was stumped.He didn't even know her and he was throwing insults.

"Did you just..did you just call me fat and ugly?", her face was red with anger.

He shook his head,"No, well yes, but a Duff isn't always ugly or fat or both."

The expression in her face never changed so he went on,"It's the one person in the group who's the least attractive.You know, the one who makes everyone in the group look more attractive. Don't worry every group has one."

She throws her hands in the air, faking a sigh of relief,"Oh, thank you Jesus because that makes the term way less insulting,"

"I'm not even sure if you're being serious about this. I mean, I'm decent..I-I'm not ugly.",she stuttered. He patted her shoulder but she quickly brushed him off.

"Of course you're not, you're cute but your friends Emily and Bianca are...hot.", he admitted shrugging his shoulders.

If she could reach up to grab him by his goatee and sling him over the patio railing,she would. What was the point in coming over here anyways? Did he want to burn her confidence to the ground? As if she didn't already have insecurities that she was trying to work on already.

She grabbed a near by drink, snatching it from a random individual.

"Hey,I was drinking that!"

The liquid inside the cup was thrown all over Klay, drenching his clean white shirt in Hennessy.

"What The Hell Was That For!", he shouted, gaping at the huge brown stain embedded on his shirt.

The crowd of people on the patio stared at the two, quietly watching as the small woman and the tall man argued.

"You Need To Chill,", he chuckled angrily.

She lifted her middle finger before exiting the area.

"Yeah, yeah, real mature.",he yelled watching her leave.

He groaned. The disgusting smell of Hennessy filled his nose. Klay felt the stares of the party guest and glanced up.

"What the hell are you guys looking at?",they all looked away earning a chuckle from the NBA star.

"Stupid Duff.."

~~~~~
Don't worry, there will definitely be more parts to this..that's if you gals want more parts to this. I just really wanted to test the waters, see if I liked the plot to this. I like it though!😊❤️