Prologue

The sun shines brightly in the sky as Vitxyillì walks up to her younger sister, Feänäk, who's stacking rocks and taking rocks out of the pile from underneath the top, and when the stack of rocks falls over, she stacks them again.

"Hey, Feänak." Vitxyillì greets her younger sister.

Feänäk looks up at Vitxyillì from the little game, but Feänak doesn't respond to the greeting, she just looks at Vitxyillì and continues playing.

Vitxyillì sits beside her sister and  tilts her head curiously as she watches the game.

"May I join?" Vitxyillì asks softly.

Feänäk's crimson eyes light up excitedly and she nods eagerly.

Vitxyillì and Feänäk take turns with pulling the rocks out of the stack while trying not to get it to fall.

But just as they're having fun, there's a loud yell and Vitxyillì turns to the source of the sound.

It's their mother Slänslll and father Sunsuìo, yelling at each other.

"SHE DOES NOT BELONG! SHE IS A BASTARD CHILD, ONLY EXISTING BECAUSE OF YOUR-" Sunsuìo yells but he's cut off.

"WATCH YOUR DAMN MOUTH! YOU GAVE ME PERMISSION! AND YOU WERE WITH SOME OTHER WOMAN TOO!" Slänslll yells back.

"I DID NOT GET HER PREGNANT LIKE THAT ASH NA'VI GOT YOU PREGNANT!" Sunsuìo yells again, spitting out the word 'Ash Na'vi'.

Vitxyillì frowns and looks over at Feänäk who looks terrified so the Vitxyillì grabs Feänäk's hand and leads her away from the yelling.

When they get away from the arguing, Feänäk calms down slightly and then turns to Vitxyillì with big eyes.

"They hate me because mother was unfaithful to conceive me... Vitxyillì I didn't... I didn't do anything wrong. Why do they hate me for someone else's acts?" Feänäk asks softly, knowing they're arguing over her existence.

"You did nothing wrong, little sister.." Vitxyillì says calmly and puts her hand on Feänäk's head.

"You are as much a part of this family as I am. It doesn't matter how you were conceived, only that you are here and you will be loved. They may be mad now, but they'll get over it." Vitxyillì promises.

"Never let anyone make you feel like your existence is a bad thing. You are precious and you'll always be my little sister.. it doesn't matter what anyone says. You understand?" Vitxyillì asks.

Feänak nods and sniffles, hugging Vitxyillì tightly.

Their older brother, Otayä, comes over and looks at them in concern.

"What happened?" Otayä asks in concern.

"Mother and father got in a big argument.. about Feänäk.." Vitxyillì explains softly while rubbing Feänäk's back.

Feänäk is still hugging Vitxyillì tight and Feänäk buried her head against Vitxyillì as a form of comfort.

Otayä gently kisses Feänäk's temple and brushes her hair back soothingly.

"I'll handle this." Otayä says and be walks over to where their parents are arguing.
___________________________
The arguing between Sunsuìo and Slänslll intensifies for a bit until Otayä walks over and they both pause their heated exchange, their gazes locking onto their eldest son.

Sunsuìo looks at Otayä with an unpleased expression as the argument comes to a halt.

"This isn't your place to speak." Sunsuìo says bluntly to him.