𝟬𝟬𝟮. perfect waves

She knew she would have a good time today, the sun was shining and the waves were perfect

She knew she would have a good time today, the sun was shining and the waves were perfect. Even though she didn't know how to surf, she liked to watch the boys who went to the beach for a few waves.

Zoey was holding the pages of her book between her fingers, as she had lost her bookmark months ago and had yet to find one she liked enough to replace it.

Everything was pretty quiet, until she saw John B and a pretty handsome blonde boy arrive. Zoey had never seen him before, or maybe she had but she didn't pay enough attention to remember him.

The girl completely forgot what she was reading and got up from her lounge chair, heading towards John B and his friend. Apparently the boys were planning to ride some waves, and Zoey wouldn't take up much of their time, since she only needed a few minutes to talk to the blonde and she would let him go.

"I didn't know you had such a handsome friend, JB." She patted the freckled boy's shoulder, annoying him as always.

JJ smiled at her comment while John B rolled his eyes and sighed heavily.

"What do you want, Jane?" John B asked with some seriousness, making Zoey stop making her unfunny laugh.

"Relax, Booker. I was just here to introduce myself to him," she replied while pointing at JJ with an amused smile.

John B nodded with a fake smile and said, "whatever, but make sure you come back quickly. There are a lot of waves that I know you'll like to surf." He referred to JJ and then walked away, leaving them alone.

"So... you're a Cameron?" The blonde boy asked. It was a pretty stupid question but he still didn't understand why a kook who was also a Cameron would be interested in someone like him, a pogue.

"Unfortunately yes. And who are you?" She asked him with a friendly smile, quite interested in him.

"I'm JJ Maybank."

Nice name, she thought.

But what Zoey didn't count on was that that name would echo in her mind all afternoon.

"I think I do remember you, Maybank. You're the one who held a gun to Topper's head, right?" She asked with some sarcasm.

Zoey had intentions of making the boy laugh but apparently the opposite happened because when JJ heard that he quickly cleared his throat and looked at the ground somewhat embarrassed and at the same time annoyed at remembering that night.

"That idiot Topper was about to drown John B, almost killed him." He responded after a few seconds of silence. JJ knew he had no choice but to threaten Topper with the gun.