𝟬𝟬𝟯. sleepover

Problems between kooks and pogues were very normal

Problems between kooks and pogues were very normal. Rafe bothered them whenever he could and they defended themselves, but at the end of the day they will always be the villains of a story badly told by a kook.
Olivia knew that, she knew that if she kept letting Rafe mistreat them it wouldn't end in anything good, but she also knew that no one could stop him when he was high, or just upset about something.

Madison and Olivia were sunbathing on the beach, along with Rafe and others. It was very common for pogues to also go to the beach, but there was always a line that divided the two worlds. Kooks and pogues, two tribes, one island.

Madison Gree was also a kook; In fact, she was the kookest of all. Even if she wasn't a bad or conceited person, she was the description of a kook as such.
The girl with brown eyes and black hair is the daughter of Elizabeth Gree, a rich woman, an interior designer and highly respected by everyone in Figure Eight.

But of course, not everything is rosy, the woman seemed like a good person, a good mother, and she was quite the opposite.
She abused Madison every time she got drunk, yelling at her for no reason. And when the girl was younger, her mother locked her in her room two days in a row because she had invited a man to stay and she thought her daughter was going to be a bother.

And Madison always had a specific preference for girls, which is why her mother was always hard on her. She never accepted her as she really was and for Elizabeth it was more difficult since there was no one to help her raise her little girl. Although the black-haired girl knew that that was no excuse for putting up with all of her mother's abuse, it was always like that.

Ever since her father died when she was seven, her mother started to be this abusive, but Olivia was always there for her friend. Every time she could invite her to her house for a sleepover, Max was aware of all that and always wanted the best for Madison.

Olivia knew her story, which is why she clung to her as much as anyone.
Of course Olivia had more friends, she had Sarah. But she's known Madison since third grade and so has Zoey, so from there they started to get close.

"Do you want to have a sleepover today? I'll invite Sarah, we can watch movies." The chestnut girl commented with an excited smile, the idea of having her two friends together sounded fascinating to her.

"Sarah Cameron? Okay, wait. Are you and Zoey's twin sister friends?" Madison ignored her friend's question and asked her own. Her voice sounded worried and confused at the same time, because perhaps the idea sounded a little crazy to her.

"Long story, but I thought I already told you." Olivia replied as she frowned, trying to remember if she had told her or not. But then she saw her friend shake her head, then shrugged and smiled somewhat innocently.