CHAPTER 22! a twelve year old boy would be the one to trap her in immortality

Start from the beginning

"really, grover?" percy huffed, a frown appearing on his face. "why are you so upset?"

"because of cher!" grover revealed, obviously.

"why? why would any of this be about cherry?"

"because she's my best-friend!"

"i'm your bestfriend."

grover took a visible pause.

annabeth said nothing.

she wanted to provide some sort of comfort, but there was just nothing on her mind. she was upset, too.

"you killed cher." grover spoke, slowly, as if he was horrified of the words.

"i didn't kill her!" percy defended himself.

"then where is she?" grover asked.

percy couldn't answer.

every second of silence seemed to sting even more.

annabeth bit down on her bottom lip.

percy tried to argue, but his words were silent. his mouth opened and quickly closed.

"when cherry comes back, she's gonna-" grover began.

"grover, please!" annabeth cut him off, her voice pleading. "she's not coming back."

the only good thing ares had done for them, was cause a distraction.

he gave a miscellaneous warning, and disappeared.

percy entered the beach house. he returned the helm of darkness to one of the monsters him and his friends had fought earlier, on the bus.

annabeth questioned his decision, but percy lived up to his end of the bargain. he hoped hades would, too.

the woman spoke of mount olympus, and percy's friends tried to convince him to let it go.

percy insisted he had to tell zeus about kronos and his plans.

grover was quick to argue.

"percy, he'll kill you like you killed cherry." grover mentioned, once more.

"i didn't kill her!" percy defended himself.

annabeth and grover tried to stop him from making any stupid decisions, but percy was insistent on telling zeus.

he needed to stop the war.

going to mount olympus wasn't something he expected to do.

meeting zeus, face to face, also wasn't something he expected to do.

but the most shocking revelation, came when zeus took the lightning bolt from percy.

"i didn't steal it. and neither did my friends." percy spoke, and then hesitated.

his voice seemed to falter as he uttered his next words.

"and neither did cherry." percy defended her, despite there being no use.

percy stated his reasons for being at mount olympus.

his explanation of kronos' plans were brushed off by zeus. percy grew more and more aggravated, insulting zeus, until the bolt was pulled on him.

poseidon stopped it.

percy's eyes lingered on his father.

he had no idea what was going on.

he felt strange.

the minute long conversation with the man he'd never seen, did not clear up any questions percy had developed in the twelve years of life he possessed.