CHAPTER 16! display her discomfort, but the way she shifted definitely did

Start from the beginning

"just like you." cherry mimicked the tone the boy had displayed earlier.

"if you want the gods' attention, you have to pay for it." annabeth looked at the boy beside her. "oh, iris, goddess of the rainbow, please accept my offering. okay, show me camp half-blood. chiron's office. luke?"

the boy appeared inside the flash of light reflected against the wall.

cherry gasped.

"annabeth? percy!" luke realized, his eyes shifting. "hi, cher."

"hi, luke." cherry greeted, with a wave, as if he could see.

percy glanced over.

why was she acting so weird?

'holy fuck. my boyfriend.' the redhead thought. '4 year age gap? 5 years until we can legally-'

"are you guys okay?" luke questioned the children.

"yeah, we're fine. where's chiron?" annabeth asked him.

"chiron's holding camp together with both hands. everyone thinks we're going to war, so the cabins are taking sides. please tell me you're calling with good news." luke begged.

"we know who stole the bolt." percy revealed.

"how do you know?" luke questioned, almost instantly.

"we ran into ares, and grover got him talking and realized ares knew who the thief was but was covering for them." annabeth explained everything. "so, who would ares cover for other than.."

"his favorite daughter. clarisse is the lightning thief." luke voiced their thoughts.

"chiron's gotta arrest her, find out what she knows. there's more to this than just the bolt, something bigger. don't ask me how i know, you just gotta trust me." percy explained
to them.

"okay, i'm on it." luke nodded. "so, ares, huh? what was that like?"

cherry was suddenly deep in thought.

was clarisse really the lightning thief?

she clearly loved her father, but would she go that far for his approval?

probably.

"well.. compared to the chimera on monday and medusa on sunday, could have been a lot worse." percy recalled the memories.

"medusa was saturday." annabeth corrected.

"i thought sunday."

"no monsters on sunday. monday, you died in the river."

"right. so, medusa on saturday."

cherry glanced over at them.

"guys, what is this?" luke noticed the girls glance.

"what?" both kids questioned.

"when did you turn into an old married couple?" luke teased.