The McCallister watched silently, praying to whatever god...

Or Gods apparently, that were listening to get them all out of this safely.

Thuds thumped against the ground, vibrating the car and making them all slip slightly from their seatbelts.

Behind them, Paige noticed, was the furry thing trudging along, at a rather slow pace.

It seemed familiar, like something she'd seen in a film or book at one time.

"He doesn't want us," his mother told them. "He wants you three. Besides, I can't cross the property line."

"But..."

"We don't have time, Percy. Go. Please."

Paige swallowed deeply as the thuds continued.

She looked on as Percy huffed angrily, and suddenly undid his seatbelt. He fell to the ground... or roof, harshly, but didn't let him affect him. He quickly clambered over to the backseats and rolled out of the broken window, a glare settled in his eyes as he turned to his mom.

"We're going together. Come on Mom!"

Sally nearly cried at her son's determination.

"I told you-"

"Mom! I am not leaving you. Paige, get out. Mom, help with Grover."

Paige did as he said, she unbuckled her belt, yelping as she landed on the roof, her ankle clicking as she fell. 

Slowly, she stood shakily and managed to crawl out of the car, glass catching on her skin as she did. 

"Can you-" she felt bad asking when his best friend was also unconscious, but she couldn't get him out herself. "Can you help me get Nik out? Please."

Percy nodded, hastily putting his arms under Nicholas', dragging him out first, safely resting him on the ground so Paige could stand him up before doing the same with Grover's body. He started to pick him up, so he was standing, and was surprised by his weight. 

Or lack there of.

Luckily, his mom had also escaped the car, now helping her son carry a sleeping Satyr.

The girl struggled at first with her brother, trying to get him to stand as he was completely out of it. At least Grover was mumbling and moving his legs along with them.

But after he was upright, it was easy. 

Like she'd somehow gained super strength overnight, she could drag him across the fields with ease.

Paige rushed to keep up with Percy and Sally, barely getting a glimpse of the monster following them before she heard a shaky voice.

"The hell is that?"

She instantly looked down, seeing her brother's eyes slightly open, staring at whatever it was with a grimace. 

"Nik! Thank god, I thought you wer-" She cut herself off as his head lolled to the side again, showing he'd passed out again. The girl held back an annoyed sigh once she reminded herself he was injured.

And in potential danger.

"That's Pasiphae's son, isn't it?," she quietly said, but knew the other two heard her. She didn't remember it's actual name at the time.

Sally nodded gravely, almost apologetically "I wish I'd known how badly they want to kill you."

Paige raised a brow at that, wondering who exactly wanted them dead and why. 

It wasn't exactly a comforting thought.

"But he's the Min-" Percy tried, but was interrupted by his mom.

"Don't say his name. Names have power."