𝓮𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽

The second day of training flew by in a blur in Bonny Falu's head. The day consisted of avoiding the Careers and keeping herself away from the knife station when Narcissus sent her mocking glances.

It still hadn't been decided what character she'd portray herself as during Caesar's interviews; a innocent girl from the mere District 10 or a sex icon that the whole of Panem, meaning the Capitol, would be droolikg over. She, of course, did not prefer the latter, she'd take being a pure innocent girl over being presented as some charmer any day.

Even if it did bring her many more sponsers, Bonny didn't think she could bring herself to do it. To know that people at home, Annabel Sepia and Silia, had seen her act like that was something Bonny Falu didn't want to think about.

--

Day Three of training was the penultimate fullday of her stay at the Capitol. In just over two days, she'd be shipped off to an unknown perimeter and forced into war by her higher-ups. And despite lacking many physical attributes that'd help Bonny in the arena, she had now at least developed new skills that many other tributes hadn't focused on. If she was lucky, every Career and potentional threat would eat a poisonous berry and die.

But even Bonny knew she wasn't that lucky.

Instead of heading straight to a different training sector, as she had done the day before, she simply sat herself on a metal-framed bench and observed her fellow tributes.  She had made an effort the night before to rewatch the Reapings of each District, memorising tributes names and initial reactions to being reaped.

Archie, from Discrict 4, for example, was the only non-career volunteer. He wasn't burly or prepared, but he was brave. He had volunteered for his younger brother, Asher, despite being only two years away from escaping the Reapings.
Whereas Devland from 8 broke down instantly, tears spilling out his weary eyes. He was only 13, too young and pure to be taken to death. Bonny could see an older boy cry out to him, screaming Devland's misfortunate name, and yet he didn't say anything more. There was no volunteering in District 8 for the 68th Hunger Games, no-one cared to give their life to another, even if it be their own blood.

Or there was Acolyte, the doe-eyed girl from One. She volunteered a year earlier than what was expected from the Career Districts, being 17. Bonny Falu could only assume that she volunteered so that she could spend time with her beloved Narcissus, as she saw the look in Acolyte's eyes when Narcissus was reaped as well as when the four Careers had approached Bonny.

She had given her life for love.

Bonny Falu hoped she would one day love something enough to give her life for them.

--

The young girl noticed that the fire-making station was empty. With no Careers in sight, she walked herself over as she began to read the pamphlet of the importance of warmth in the arena.

She then moved onto the actual lighting of the fire, which went well up until she tried to ignite it. No matter how fast she span the twig, no sign of a fire was there. There was a small line of smoke arising, but no ember was appearing.

"You need to move your hands lower down, and move the stick faster." A timid voice said from behind, which Bonny soon realised it to be her allys, Agnes'.

Bonny Falu took the younger tributes advice, and in return, a small flame was growing. She then crouched lower to the ground to lightly blow on the flame, making the flame grow until it was like a burning wild fire. Bonny sent Agnes a grateful smile, which was soon returned by her ally.

"Thank you, Agnes. I would've never been able to start it if you hadn't helped." Bonny thanked Agnes. "It's okay. I'm just glad it's my ally I'm helping." The small girl said, too with a jolly smile covering her face.

The two allies continued onto other sections, like climbing and even trident throwing - which neither of them could get the hang of - before heading to their own resting quarters, preparing for the next day.

"Well, this is my stop. I'll see you tomorrow, I'm sure you'll do brilliantly in the interviews." Bonny Falu said as the elavtor dinged for Level 10. "No better than you though, even 12 loves you more than me thanks to your singing." Agnes laughed, attempting to cover up her sadness. Bonny hugged the young girl and croached down to her small level.
"And who cares for what other people think. 12 can't save you in the arena, only you can." Agnes butted in,"and the Capitol." Bonny nodded agreeingly, then carried on, "So fuck what 12 thinks, because it's your life on the line, not theirs." She ended with a straight face.

They hugged once again, tighter this time, before Bonny stepped out of the elavator, allowing Agnes to ride the machine up two floors in peace. Bonny gave a tired sigh, wondering how she could ever live with herself if she let the 13-year-old from 12 die. She wanted to win, but she wondered if she'd really be winning if Agnes died, or just surviving.

When Bonny turned around, all of District 10's team were there, other than Otto. She grabbed a glass out of a cupboard, filling it up with cold water, and then sat herself gently on one of the many white armchairs.

Bonny layed her head back, only to see a wild Alaris staring down at her with a smirk.

He let out a laugh before aiming to pat his mentee on the shoulder, but instead accidentally patted her youthful face. Visulia rolled her eyes at the mentors drunk antics, then left him to his own accord, saying she and Victoria just had to speak to someone. Bonny assumed that someone was a wall, and no real person.

Alaris groaned at his knees and ankles popping as he slowly lowered himself into the chair beside her. He contained his drunk state with difficultly, but still managed to look at Bonny with a mentor-like face, whatever that meant.

He took a gulp of air, which replaced the usual gulp of alchohol that was generally his first action before speaking.

"So, Caesar's interviews..."

-------

1k reads is CRAZY so thank you all sm 🤍 noticed that the past few chapters have got less and less views so maybe that's telling me to up my game but oh well.
tysm everyone xx