𝓼𝓲𝔁

Bonny Falu felt like an angel sitting above in the clouds, innocent and untouchable from the clouds harsh weather, that was until she stepped out of her king sized bed. Her frosty wings disappeared and she instantly plummeted back to the ground, and reality, where she was once again within Snow's grasp. The angelic girl forced herself off of the divine mattress and placed her bare feet on the hardwood floor.

Bonny assumed that after her and Alaris' conversation, she either subconsciously walked herself to her room or she had dozed off and her mentor carried her to her sweet dreams. Either way, she was glad she didn't spend the whole night on the armchair, she needed the best rest in order to perform well in training as well as the arena.

As she entered the dining area, Bonny noticed she was the last one up. Otto sat sandwiched inbetween Victoria and Visulia, whilst Alaris sat opposite them by himself. It appeared that she and Otto had silently made a mutual agreement to split up the two mentors. Victoria to Otto, and Alaris to Bonny, which she was glad about. The old lady was kind and gentle, too gentle, she could never help Bonny Falu survive the death trap. But Otto didn't need help, his muscle and towering height helped him more than Bonny's alluring singing ever could. She had the sponsors, he had the actual skills to survive.

"How kind of you to join us!" Visulia sarcastically stated, recieving a small hum from the female tribute in response. Bonny placed herself down next to Alaris, where she immediately got bombarded with questions from both her mentor and escort.

"The interviews with Caesar are in four days, we need to figure out which card to play with you," Alaris said. "Pity, delight, or lust. They're our options, you're a pretty, young girl and you can use that to your advantage." Visulia said next.

"Lust?" Bonny questioned, "You're joking, right?"

Visulia gave a perfected Capitol laugh, one Bonny Falu had not yet come accustomed to. "Of course not! It's a good way to gain sponsors, if you have the right tools." Bonny looked away with disgust. Sure, she'd use her charm in District 10 to gain some extra money for her family, but she'd just bat her eyes here and there until she heard a coin rattle into the metal money tin. Nothing happened in her district, and she now supposed she took advantage of her kind people back home.

The young girl remained zoned out, thinking about how she could present herself in Caesar's interview, only hearing a slight buzz in her head from the chatter at the dining table, until she was called out to.

"Bonny, go get changed. It's training time!" Alaris sang, shaking his hands around her face. She gave him a broad smile, clapping her hands and for a moment, Alaris truly belieced she was excited to train for her death, until she dropped her hands to her side and shot a deadpanned expression at her mentor. The look on his face made Bonny Falu chuckle slightly before she headed off to prepare for the day.

She scanned her new wardrobe for the training outift. Her wardrobe was almost the size of her and Anna Sepia's bedroom back home. Anna Sepia, Bonny had barely thought about her since her arrival in the Capitol. She wondered if she was coping well, keeping her Nana Lucy Gray alive wasn't a difficult task but Bonny Falu had always made she Anna Sepia never had to stress over the safety of her family. But Bonny could no longer protect her younger sister, she'd have to learn how to earn her own money, she'd have to pluck up the courage to hold a newly-born lamb, she'd have to learn to live without her only provider.

Her thoughts were forgotten as her eyes set on the training outift. It hugged her entire body, showing every curve and imperfection. The short sleeves had a strip of dull red, followed by a mustard-yellow. Bonny assumed it represented the Capitol flag, to really push down on the districts, and make sure every tribute knew that even District 1 and 2 were ruled by the Capitol. That no-one was safe from the hands of an oppressor, it was just a shame the Bonny Falu knew the shameful side of this oppressor's history.

--

The nervous girl took a step as the doors opened for her, she scanned each and every tribute, hoping to spot a small weakness in any of them. Her eyes latched onto the boy from District 9, Bonny noticed a small limp in his left leg, causing him to hobble around slightly. He was certainly good at hiding his injury, but he couldn't quite fool the District 10 girl.

Although Bonny Falu didn't want to kill anyone, she knew she'd have to, so she might as well find an easy target.

Her soft brown eyes met Agnes' sharp grey eyes. She instantly cursed herself for trying to find an easy target. It was wrong, and she didn't want to play a part in President Snow's cruel games. But as much as she hated herself for her own cruel thought, she slowly realised the urge to survive and win the Games was overriding her wish of reviving the presumed dead spirit of her Grandmother.

She wanted Snow to remember, remember every torturous moment he put her beloved Lucy Gray through, but she too wanted to live. She wanted to have her own life, one full of joy and laughter. Not one that ended after only fifteen year, not one that ended with sorrow and pain in an unknown arena. She wanted to pass with her friends and family holding her tight, reminiscing on every joyous moment they had soent with her, and then to be buried in the meadow in her home district. She didn't want it to be Snow's decision as to when and how she died, but rather nature's.

She knew she wanted to die in a land of freedom, no longer caught under the rules of President Snow, but there was a change of plan on how she would do it. Her first plan was to remind Panem of her Grandmother's life, brining liberty back to her long forgotten name, and die in the Games knowing the country knew of Snow's past. But now, she wanted to set Panem to freedom, with the help of Coriolanus Snow's upturned past.

As it turns out, Lucy Gray would be the downfall of Snow all along.

She smirked as she thought about the adventurous plan she had constructed. It was Agnes' pale, scared  look that had caused Bonny to conjure such an idea, it was the young girl's pure, innocent aura that sparked a flame within the rebellious heart of Bonny Falu, and the devilish girl swore to herself that she'd never forget the cause of Panem's breakout to freedom.

--

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

hopefully ive actually remembered to post this at around midnight 🤞

bonny is sooo good at randomly thinking abt things at random times. like 'yeah i planned a whole revolution whilst looking into a girls eyes, why haven't you??'
but i SWEAR i'll actually get something to happen next chapter, even if it is just her at the training centre.

hope you all have a great year! x