𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮

The soundly-sleeping girl was awaked with a jolt, she rose into a sitting position quickly, scanning the room. Beside her, she saw Alaris looking down with a bottle of some sort of posh Capitol alchohol in hand. She pulled herself off of the cloud-like sofa, and made her way over to the dining table where everyone else was positioned. 

"Nice of you to join us Bonny Falu. Sorry 'bout hitting you." The girl rubbed her sore arm. "Visulia was too scared to nudge you awake, thought you might have a knife or something." Alaris stated with a mild laugh, whilst Visulia rolled her eyes trying to show that she didn't think that.

Bonny Falu sat down in her beautifully carved chair, opposite from Otto, which she noticed just moments later was a mistake to sit there. Otto glared at her, just as he had done to his brother in the reaping, all throughout their meal, which consisted of foods Bonny Falu never knew existed. There were all kinds of meat, each one being juicy and tender, making Bonny Falu's mouth water in awe. After the main courses, many desserts were brought out. All kinds of different tarts, cakes and puddings were on display, and Bonny Falu could only hope that her stomach had room for it all. She gulped each one down, barely chewing on a single thing. Already noticing the side affects of eating so much delicious, but filling, foods, both tributes started to slow down eating and leaned back into their mahogany seats.

Otto began grabbing his stomach tightly in pain. He quickly excused himself from the table and hobbled out of the carriage, hunched over and now holding his mouth shut as well.
Bonny Falu couldn't help but giggle slightly at her partner's agony, although she was started to feel the same way, which shut her up instantly. Visulia glanced at the Bonny Falu disapprovingly and went on about how unladylike such eating habits were, and that that sort of behaviour would never pass in the Capitol from a lady. Bonny Falu didn't care for her words much, knowing that the Capitol would look down on her for simply existing in the District realms.

The young girl sighed exhaustingly, beginning to really feel the food in her stomach. Alaris threw his head back laughing at the poor girl's torture as she tried to rise from her seat but could barely stand. The elderly mentor passed a slight smile over to Bonny Falu, which comforted the struggling girl to a degree since it showed her most tributes were the same every year. Bonny Falu would think of a person insane if they did not act the way she did infront of all the flavourful foods. The meals on the table could feed the entirety of District 10, and anyone would jump at the chance to devour the mountains of food. The pained girl groaned quietly as she finally pulled herself up. She scurried off hurriedly, knowing the only place she could possibly find comfort from her stuffed body was her bed. As she jogged off, she could here Visulia trying to shut up Alaris, saying it was mean to laugh at such poor children who knew nothing but starvation.

Bonny Falu couldn't hear the rest of what Visulia was ranting about as she closed her bedroom door and practically belly-flopped onto her bed. She had never seen or even pictured a bed of such size, it could probably fit at least four people in there easily, if not five. The tired girl sprawled out over her new bed, taking in all of the luxury around her. The golden knobs on every doorhandle and drawer were so intricately designed that Bonny Falu couldn't believe an average human being had created such a detailed peice on such a small peice metal.

Despite the discomfort she felt, Bonny Falu dozed off after not too long of hearing Alaris' drunk muffles from the other room. She fell asleep with light breathing coming out of her mouth and tranquility covering her face, although her current situation shouldn't leave her on such peaceful terms.

She dreamt about many things that night. From living a peaceful life with Anna Sepia, her Nana and her cheerful cousins to being brutally tortured in the arena by all her loved ones, including her Mother and Father. Bonny Falu awoke startled from the nightmare, gasping for air as sweat covered her body. She couldn't imagine how bad the nightmares must be after the Games, considering the state she awoke in and she hadn't even been in the arena yet.

After that, Bonny Falu didn't even try to get back to sleep but instead stared up at the ceiling, not thinking about anything in particular, just staring. She admired the colour chosen for the ceiling, a deep red. It was similar to the colour she was named after, Falu, but the ornate ceiling's colour was slightly darker, more like a red wine colour. Bonny Falu was grateful for the fact that District 10 had at least a little bit of colour. The grass, when it wasn't dead, was a light green, and some farm sheds would have a layer of paint on them. It wasn't much, but it kept Bonny Falu content. The girl hated the thought of living in a district like District 5. Sure, it was one of the richer district, with more food and nicer living conditions, but it was so bland. Bonny Falu could imagine it easily, grey factories everywhere you looked with not an ounce of colour to be seen. Their skies were probably just as grey as their factories and, well, lives.

This thought carried on into the early morning, and it would've carried on later if Visulia didn't burst into her room and start sqealing things out of her surgically altered mouth with her pristine Captiol accent. After an exaggerated yawn, Bonny Falu lunged out of bed and made her way out of the room, with Visulia following along behind, rushing the young girl into the eating area.

As Bonny Falu sat down and looked at all the new magnificent breakfast foods, she made a quiet reminder in her head to not stuff herself full once again. Otto grumpily walked into the carriage not long after her, but they paid no mind to each other, both frustated from still feeling relatively uncomfortable from last nights meal.

Most of the day ran relatively smoothly, with the only conversation made coming from Visulia, who kept talking about the Parade which would happen at 18:00 sharp. Although Bonny Falu usually enjoyed dressing up into fun and bright clothes, she was aware that the majority of tributes from District 10 were forced into some sort of animal-related outfit. Last year, the two tributes went out in pig costumes. Pig costumes. What could run through someone's mind to think dressing a child as a pig would be a good idea? Bonny Falu could only hope that the stylists who had made that decision had been fired, and she and Otto would get someone who respected them a little more.

Even if their stylists did respect them, she knew there wasn't much else known about District 10 that could be shown off in clothing. She could, of course, think of things. Like the small meadow a short walk away from her home, which was full of stunning flowers of all different colours, each one glowing in the sun. Or the trading centre where it would be packed full of joy and unity on the Sundays where she would sing for her people.

But stylists wouldn't know of that, only the people who lived there and cared for the land would ever bat an eye to such a meaningless field or song.
So instead of thinking about what she wished she could be dressed in, Bonny Falu prepared herself mentally to be dressed as a farm animal.

To make conversation with her mentors and escort, she asked jokingly what they thought she and Otto would be dressed as. Alaris betted on it being a chicken, which Bonny Falu also suggested. Victoria said her first words, or at least the first words Bonny Falu had heard, when she muttered about thinking they'd be cows this year. Whereas Visulia stated that many Panem citizens would love to be dressed in such a unique way as District 10 tributes were.

"Oh yes, I sure everybody desires to be dressed as a cow on the night that decides their fate." Bonny Falu said sarcastically with a grin.

"You sure would like to, considering you do it everday." Otto said numbly. Bonny Falu simply looked at him and scrunched up her nose, trying to show she couldn't care less about what he thought of her. She really didn't care, a boy so angry and glum must've been through something as a kid, it made her feel bad for him if anything. Either way, she didn't let Otto dampen her happy spirits so she turned away from him passively, then carried on her conversation with the drunken Alaris.

---------

soz that nowt happened haha oh well