Lusting: Chapter 11

Monday

February 19

Jessica P.O.V

I pulled out my phone and called Joey. He didn't answer so I called again.

"Hello."

"Joey could you tell Mr. Giovanni I won't be able to make it."

"Why?"

"I'm not feeling well. My stomach is in knots and my head is really hurting."

"Alright I'll drop by during my lunch break."

"Alright."

"Bye."

"Bye." I hung up and threw the phone on the side of me. I laid on my stomach and fell asleep.

"Deandre get over here!" I yelled at my son.

"But momma can we get on the swings one last time."

"No, you said you were tired so now we're on our way home. Now get your shoes so we could."

"Imma tell daddy on you when we get home."

"So what. What is your daddy going to do?"

"He's going to beat you."

"Okay we'll see."

¥

"Daddy mommy didn't let me play on the swing."

"Why you ain't let him play?" Deshawn said.

"He said he was tired and it's getting late."

"And she said she's not scared of you."

"What else she said?"

"You are not going to do nothing to her."

"I'll give her a beating later."

"Told you mommy."

"Let's go take a shower lil' man." They got up and walked upstairs.

"Jessy get up!" I moved over. "Jessy!" I felt a smack on my butt. I opened my eyes and seen Joey standing over me.

"Hey."

"I got you this soup."

"You can't cook."

"Its from panera bread." He sat it down. "And I got you some medicines and a pregnancy test."

"What do I need a pregnancy test for?"

"You getting fat and shit. Girl go take it so you could eat this and take some of this medicine." I walked in the bathroom and went to the toilet. I opened the box and took the test out.

I did what I had to do and put the test on the sink and washed my hand. I brushed my teeth and washed my face then walked out the bathroom.

"Joey, what are you doing in my closet?"

"Just looking but I have to go you know Giovanni don't like me."

"Alright I'll call you later."

"Tell me them results."

"I will."

I sat on the bed and grabbed my soup. I turned on the tv and started eating. My phone started ringing and it was the hospital.

"Hello this is Janice from Memorial Hospital. We looked at Janey White list and found you. She was just brought to the hospital because she just had an asthma attack."

"Okay I'll be there."

"Okay see you I'm a few." I put my bowl down and walked to my closet. I got some jeans and a shirt and put it on. I slid on some flip flops and grabbed my things.

I threw my bowl away and made my way outside. I hopped in my car and headed to the hospital.

"Hi I'm here to see Janey White, I'm her sister."

"I.D. please." I handed it to her. "Look at the camera." She took the picture and gave me a sticker. "Room 233."

I walked down the hallway and got on the elevator. I made it to the next floor and got off. I walked down the hall and seen my sister room.

"Janey, what happened?"

"I was at school playing. Then all of a sudden I felt my chest tighten and I couldn't breathe."

"Where is your asthma pump?"

"I left it at home."

"You need to keep that with you at all times." The door opened this fine piece of chocolate walked in.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Bryant."

"I'm Jessica, Janey's sister."

"Nice to meet you, everything seems fine. She'll be able to go home and get some rest."

"Okay."

"Here's her discharge papers. Sign here." I signed the papers and got my things. "Here's my card if she's having a hard time breathing again or something happens."

"Thank you." We walked out and Janey elbowed me. "What?"

"You in there flirting in there with that man is what."

"So he's cute and I didn't see a ring." She looked at me and rolled her eyes. "You act like imma go and have sex with him or something."

"Probably would."

"Just shut up." I got in the care and drove her home.

"I'll see you later."

"Alright." I drove back home and walked to my room. I walked in the bathroom and seen the pregnancy test there still. I looked at it and sighed in relief negative.