CHAPTER 10

**Apollo.

-It's time to officially close this day!, I say as I yawn.

We all look very tired and there is no point in dragging it out any further, we can't discuss anything here anyway.

-I agree, Cynthia says from within my arms.

-Very well then, tomorrow at 9!, Simon reminds us.

-We said at 8, but you can come at 9 if you want, Cornelia teases him.

-Sorry, I was thinking about something and got a little distracted, he replies somewhat awkwardly and with a wry smile.

Cornelia giggles at his absent-mindedness.

-Tomorrow at 8 o'clock everyone,be here!, says Carlo and just gets up and starts swimming.

-Hey, where are you going? Aren't we going home together?

-I have a date with Coraline. I'll be back late.

Good thing he did us the honour to answer. I turn my attention to Cynthia.

-Let's go, baby, I say as I fondle her hair.

-Mmm, she mutters, almost asleep.

-Well guys I take my girl and leave, as you can see she is almost asleep!

-Good night guys, they say in one voice and we take the road back.

Ten minutes later, we have arrived outside Cynthia's house. I kiss her goodbye with a sweet kiss as I say goodnight. Once I am sure that she has entered the house safely, I also take the way back. I'm humming an old song when I see 3 snitch fishes swimming above me.

-What the hell, I whisper through my teeth.

I pretend not to see them and continue my normal course of action singing. After all, I'm not supposed to know they're here for the purpose of control. Fortunately, after a while they change course and we part ways. The rest of the way I don't encounter any more. I enter the house as quietly as I can and go straight to my room. I lie in bed and let the memories of today flood my mind. It was all very new experiences. I think there is a lot more behind everything we have seen. Our time was very limited. We have to do it again for sure, but how? This time we were very lucky, both when we got out and especially when we got in. We cannot, under any circumstances, go out the same way again and certainly not in the near future. The hole in the rock is only a matter of time before it is discovered and they will certainly close it and put more guards, not only there, but all along the walls. And let's not forget the snich fishes. They're all over the city and they're watching everyone, they may even be recording conversations, but I'm not sure about that. The slightest misstep and we're out of luck, even if we don't get caught trying to get out.

The next day my alarm clock goes off at 7. I want to sleep some more, but then I remember the meeting I have with the guys. I lazily get up and head for the kitchen. As I descend the stairs and turn to enter the hallway leading to the kitchen, I see Carlo standing by the door, motionless. Fortunately, as it turns out later, he notices my presence before I have a chance to speak and signals me not to talk. I approach him and stand next to him. I look carefully into the kitchen. At first, I see our mother standing with a cup in her hand, going back and forth restlessly. Then I see this partner of hers, whose name I'm having trouble remembering now, sitting at our table. He has his back turned to the side we are standing on, so we cannot see his expression, but we can imagine it based on the conversation we hear.

-The hole is 30 cm high and 95 cm wide. Our experts think that it was created with something sharp, a stone, a shell perhaps, but they still can't say for sure. It is located at the eastern end of the walls of tears. In charge of guarding the night shift were guard Anthony Birch and his trainee Jimmy Lane, who report that they neither saw nor heard anything. The adjacent section was guarded by Sergeant Glenn Hobbs, who also reports that their shift was smooth and nothing suspicious came to their attention. The hole was found this morning at 6am by Chief Warrant Officer Adam Myers. His report was filed directly. As soon as we finished with the official statements, I came here to report it to you, as I considered it an emergency.