CHAPTER 6

**Ricky.

Disappointment...

That is the right word. A disappointment. A whole plan, so much effort and the result was absolutely nothing. Not that I expected us to get legs. Haha! Just saying it sounds so funny to me. But then why was I disappointed? Ah! I'm so confused. I don't know what I expected. Oh grandma with your silly fairy tales! Who knows for how long the group, and especially the boys, will make fun of me.

-Sorry to say it, but for the first and perhaps, last time Carlos was right, Cynthia says compassionately to Cornelia.

Cornelia looked at me with a complaint in her eyes. I whispered sorry. I knew how much she wanted this to come out real. She understood my embarrassment and smiled to comfort me. Even if she didn't mean it, it made me feel a little better. 

-It's okay, him to be right once, maybe he's never felt it before she says and looks at Carlo playfuly.

Carlos turns and looks at her but doesn't speak.

-Cynthia, don't worry, we all believed, that's why we came here, Simon tells her sweetly.

- Now can we go home?, I jumped out, because now that the excitement had passed, the anxiety of how we will return to the town began to eat me away.

-Before we leave, I'd like to get closer to the shore, see what's there, says Cornelia, who wants troubles.

-Let's go!, Apollo agrees and swims towards her,, so they can leave together.

-I will cut your tails! We don't know if it is dangerous there. If anyone see us? I will not let you go anywhere!, Carlos shouts at them and for the first time I agree with him.

 I like that he let it appear that he cares about others. When we were younger, he always supported me when the other mermaids teased me, but then we grew up.

-I don't think I need your permission!, says Cornelia.

Carlos looks at her in surprise. It is the first time she has spoken to him so sharply. I see Cornelia leave the circle and walk away!

-Cornelia, come back!, shouts Cynthia and tries to follow her, but Carlos holds her.

-I don't think it's a good idea either, Cornelia, says Simon, who is not support her for the first time.

I didn't react. I lost my words and just watched. Suddenly I see Carlo swimming menacingly towards her. Cornelia looks down and turns towards us shouting,

-My tail almost rests down!

Carlos has almost reached the point where she is, until the moment he stops abruptly. Something happened but I haven't figured out what. I only see the two of them, looking at each other with their mouths open. They are shocked. Apollo and Cynthia head there. Suddenly, the silence is broken by their joyful screams. I reacted. I look at Simon and we swim towards them like we are champions in the 100 meters swim. We are quite close to them when I start to feel a strange and unprecedented sensation in my tail, but I don't pay attention. Something like tickling, but also with a slight feeling of pain and then a numbness. We are arriving and what then we see it! Our tails disappeared! In their place we have two elongated body parts. In mythology, they taught us what they call them legs. We have legs! We look at each other for a while without saying anything. I feel joy. I guess now, I have learned what I would like to happen to us. In addition to legs, we have several other members. We had read about them as well. They call them genetic organs. Men's are different from women's, and people use them for reproduction. Simply put, to be fucked! Very different from us. But how mermaids have sex will be explained at another time. Now I'm in shock! Because we're not used to them, we feel too naked, so we need to cover up somehow. We think and hide with our hands the members of reproduction that we have now. I can say with confidence that this is one of the most uncomfortable moments of my life. Suddenly Cynthia jumps out.