5

tbh i need to see more of shikaku moments in fanfic he's underrated asf

long chap ig (for me)

               ╭────── · · ୨୧ · · ──────╮
               ╰────── · · ୨୧ · · ──────╯

               ╭────── · · ୨୧ · · ──────╮               ╰────── · · ୨୧ · · ──────╯

third pov

_______________________________
all shikaku could hear are things breaking in
y/n's room. his wife, yoshino, is very worried about her, she knew how close y/n and itachi was. but all they could do is let her emotions flow out before talking to her. shikaku signed heavily while closing his eyes, listening to things shatter in her room.

shikamaru's room was right next to y/n's room. he got up immediately after hearing all the commotion in her room and he was about to bang on her door thinking she was getting attacked but his father stopped him from approaching her door. his father didn't say much just shook his head in a "no, don't bother her" expression while avoiding his son's eyes.

shikamaru was incredibly worried about his older sister and he couldn't sleep at this moment because he was very concerned about her. he didn't know what the hell was going on in there.

small timeskip

it's been an hour and the shattering had stopped... everything was eerie. silence filled the room... no crying and no sobbing could be heard from his daughter's room at all. it was very bizarre.

shikaku wasn't very close to his daughter like he used to before but it was his job to comfort her. he knocked on the door slowly and then entered the room to see the destruction in the room himself.

everything was destroyed... except for a group photo of shisui on the left, y/n in the middle and itachi on the right. the group photo was left untouched that was on her bedside table.

y/n was laying on her bed staring at the window silently as she heard her father walk in. he knew she needed to grieve. having y/n's father, a seasoned warrior with many deaths under his belt, using his experiences guiding her through her feelings will help her accept and move on from this massacre. he wanted her to play shogi with him. she accepted without speaking with a tired look.

(quick switch) first pov
both played in quietness until shikaku decided it was time to break the silence.

"you won't be able to beat me like that"

"shut up" i muttered

"he was a good kid"

"yeah.."

"are you fine with it?"

"stop complaining about my game style-"

"that's not it" he cut me off

"what do you want to do now?"

i took my eyes away from the board, what does he want me to say?

"at least you're not stupid enough to get yourself killed by him"

i clench my teeth as he continues,

"as your father, i'm happy for that... i don't want to attend my daughter's funeral."

i huffed as he proceed with his speech.

"you've done well for yourself... i am very proud to be your father."

i hummed and played as he continued talking.

"you're as sharp as they come, with great talent. someone the leaf can depend on in the future"

what is he trying to do...?

"... itachi is a traitor"

i immediately flipped the board making it blowing out all the candles,

"what are you getting at here?"

"only the truth" he stares at me as i got up

"can you just stop? just stop talking about this! it's making me sick." i exclaimed

"just say what you want i'm still nothing but a useless coward! i could've stopped shisui from being killed by-"

"you're wrong" my father spoke looking up at me

"i don't get it.. what do you want from me..?" i voiced in anger as i watch him stand up.

"let it out girl. all of the anger, the sadness and the fear. everything that's brewing inside of you. you've got to let it go."

these words triggered something in me. i finally let everything out... i broke down... tears flooded my eyes... i lost it completely... all of my grief, stress and sadness took over... i didn't hold anything back anymore. i let it all out. i stared at my father and broke down sobbing.

"i could've prevented it...i should've seen the signs.."

(quick switch) third pov
but it wasn't true at all...she had no power against the higher ups but she could've came up with a solution but there was so much corruption among the higher ups that she felt it would be pointless to do anything about it. no matter what she just felt helpless and powerless.

but what if she just killed all the higher ups? she could, the problem would definitely be gone, however it could start new ones. so many paths to take but how the hell do you know which is the right one? so troublesome to think about as she cried.

her father kept silent as he walked out of her room and shut the door behind him as he heard her cry. this broke his heart over and over again.

little shikamaru who heard the commotion, was very concerned for his sister. so he snuck his way into her room and ran towards her.

shikaku tried to stop him saying that she's not in the right state of mind and she could hurt him but shikamaru didn't listen to his words..
he ran towards her and straight up hugged her.

this just made her cry even harder. it seemed like her grief and sadness had no end. tears just continued streaming down her face. shikamaru was comforting her but he was also feeling very worried.

shikaku left the two siblings alone, leaving the door completely closed. it's only been a couple of minutes and the crying has completely stopped, as he opened the door leaving a crack though the door, peaking in, he saw how protective she was a shikamaru, it's like she was hugging him tightly, protecting him from the dangers that's yet to come. it's awful how she has to experience this pain at a young age.

a good 17 hours later
y/n dripping in sweat, has no idea what time it is, big ass headache, limbs sore, thirsty asf, huffing and puffing about to blow a house down and a sock gone? damn it was a good nap.

it should be after making a shit ton of blood clones.

heyyy don't you feel guilty making your parents worry you like that? ( ●''●)

of course i do... plus i haven't cried this month so it was a good relief, it needed to be done. it's all apart of the plan.

hn if you became an actress you'd be rich  (ˊᵕˋ)