How To Train Your Dragon - Part 6: A Downed Dragon Is A Dead Aragon

"Astrid!" I called out, trekking through the forest. I sighed and pushed the slick and sweaty hair back from my forehead. "Thor almighty. Where's that girl when you need her." As I walked suddenly I saw the glint of blonde hair in the sun and I walked over.

She sat on a rock, whetstone and ax in hand, muttering to herself.

I leaned against a tree. "You seem angry."

She flipped me off and went back to sharpening her ax.

"You wanna talk?"

"Nope."

...

"Alright." I sighed.

Suddenly, the cry we'd heard the other day echoed lightly through the forest. We both perked up and looked at each other and then we readied our weapons and slowly walked together through the forest.

Neither of us spoke a word, we just listened, hunters in our element.

For ten minutes we searched, eventually I stood and let out my breath.

Astrid glared at me like she'd been about to catch the thing.

"Give it up," I said.

She sighed and stood. "Same one from the other day. If it's made itself a home we need to tell the Chief.

I nodded.

She looked at me and yawned. "I'm gonna take a nap before Gobber's meeting tonight. Go tinker or something then wake me up when it's time to get going."

I deadpanned as she walked past me, then rolled my eyes and followed.

"Are you sure you're ok?" I asked.

"Yep." She replied. "Just didn't sign up to babysit."

"You know that's not fair to him."

"There's no such thing as 'fair' to a dragon."

...

"No... you're right."

TIMESKIP

"And with one twist, he took my hand and swallowed it whole!" Gobber said. "I saw the look on his face... I was delicious. He must have passed the word because it wasn't a month before another one of them took my leg."

"Wow." Fishlegs and the twins said.

An owl screeched in the distance as the seven of us sat around a small fire in the south watch tower, chowing on different cuts of chicken and fish, and listening intently to Gobber's stories.

"Isn't it weird to think your hand was inside a dragon?" Fishlegs asked, gesturing with two large drumsticks. "Like if your mind was still in control of it, you could have killed the dragon from the inside by crushing his heart or something."

I plucked at a small lyre while lying down on one of the wooden benches. I'd been trying to become more skillful with the instrument but today I was just plucking aimlessly. I was better at making a crossbow anyway. I noticed Astrid still staring daggers at a bummed-out Hiccup who was cooking a fish but not really listening.

I lightly kicked her shin. She turned and I gave her a 'knock it off' look.

Her eyes narrowed. "You look like a douchebag with that thing." She said.

"Fuck you," I replied, sitting up.

"I swear, I'm so angry right now," Snotlout growled. "I'll avenge your beautiful hand and your beautiful foot. I'll chop off the legs of every dragon I fight, with my face."

Soar - HTTYD Reader Insertजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें