𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔚𝔢𝔡𝔡𝔦𝔫𝔤

"She truly hates me, there is nothing more that I can do," the queen spoke wearily as servants dressed her in her ceremonial robes

"She truly hates me, there is nothing more that I can do," the queen spoke wearily as servants dressed her in her ceremonial robes. "The look on her face after we kissed, after she realized I wasn't going to let her leave, she despises me."

"That isn't true," Kelendria interrupted, making last minute preparations over the phone. "She doesn't hate you, the girl is just terrified. As her wife, you must guide her. She has no sense of direction at the moment besides wanting to isolate herself from everyone. Which makes sense."

The blonde sighed, "she'll run. It's only a matter of time. As soon as she sees me, she'll run." Beyoncé was beginning to accept the inevitability thought provoking truth. Onika only wants freedom. She wants nothing to do with her or what she has to offer. The blonde sighed, understanding her fiancée's point of view as best as she can. "There's no changing her mind."

"It isn't like you people have given her a choice between finding herself and being forced to be happy. There are people after her, we know this, but the more everyone lies to this girl the sooner she'll run away from here and find herself in a situation she won't be able to get out of." Robyn countered, relaxing in a chair with her legs kicked up.

Beyoncé takes another deep breath. "Her parents are supposed to tell her the news right at this moment. I hope she takes it well." The queen watched herself in the mirror, wondering if her fiancée was okay.

Meanwhile, Onika sat before a vanity mirror watching as the handmaidens dolled her up. Doing her hair and makeup, pulling the look together with a long white veil. She tried to love it. To be completely and utterly happy with the fact that she'll be living this beautiful life, with an equally beautiful woman, but she'd be lying to herself.

Her parents entered her room, causing Onika to transfix on their presence. Her mother smiled at her, admiring her and trying her hardest not to cry. "Wow, honey. You look amazing."

Onika simply hummed, looking away and at her father. "You actually made it to the event. Nearly thought we'd have to send a search party for you." She joked bitterly, knowing he was behind this entire union.

He shook his head at the young girl. "I will not have this conversation with you, Onika. Not when you still do not understand the drastic measures we'd have to go to if this does not happen. This s is the end of–"

A loud slam met the vanity, Onika's eyes filling with tears as the women around her backed away and excused themselves from the tension within the room. "How can you say that?! Every time I try to understand, you people treat me like a naive child, as if I am not allowed to know why my life is being treated like some pawn in a game of chess. You've taken away my choice at a free life, at least tell me why you did it so that I do not have to continue to suffer in silence!"