── 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏. 𝟎𝟎𝟑

june 11 , 2023
new jersey
2.8k words

as you sat on your bed, finishing packing for the quest today, you heard footsteps approaching you. you looked up at see luke as he held something behind his back and a box in this hand.

you smirked. "you're not gonna stab me, are you?" you asked as you stood up in front of him, setting your bag to the side. luke shook his head and chuckled. "of course not." he replied and pulled his hand from behind his back, holding up a rose gold dagger.

"this is for you," luke grabbed your hand and placed the dagger in it. "i made it.. well i asked some of your sisters to help."

you smiled, holding the dagger up and examining it. "for real?" you chuckled, looking back at him as he smiled and nodded. setting the dagger down and hugging him, you squeezed your arms tight around him. "thanks."

he let out a breathy chuckle and hugged back, patting your back. "no problem." you pulled back and then looked down at the box he sat on the floor. "what's in there?" you asked as you picked it up.

"oh, that's for percy." luke replied.

you opened the box, furrowing your brows as you looked at luke then back at the box. "you're giving him.. a pair of dirty converse with a letter that says 'k' on it. y'know his name is percy, right?" you questioned as tilted your head.

the boy shook his head with a nervous chuckle before shutting the box and taking it from you. "it's not just a pair of shoes." luke retorted to which you rolled your eyes to.

"sure they're not." you added with sarcasm as your hands dropped to your side.

"hey," luke placed a hand on your shoulder. "make sure you take care of each other out there, okay?" you nodded at his words and sat back on your bed.

"take care of yourself too, and don't miss me too much." you grinned, placing your bag back into your lap as luke rolled his eyes. "be safe, n/n."

"i will."

ꜜ ₊˚.༄

"she's really gonna miss that tree, huh?"

you, grover, and percy stood next to each other as you watched annabeth at the tree. you sighed and turned to percy. "when annabeth first arrived at camp with thaila and luke, they were being chased by monsters." you spoke up as grover and percy then turned to you. "agents of hades, sisters-"

"furies." percy finished, then facing grover. "mrs. dodds?"

you furrowed your brows. "who's mrs, dodds?" you questioned, looking at the both of them.

"our alegbra teacher." grover replied.

"oh," you mutter, then continuing your story. "thaila turned back to fight to buy them some time.." you turned to percy, glancing at grover before saying your next set of words.

"her satyr protector tried to stop her, but she wouldn't listen. so, at the last moment zeus intervened to save her life and changed her form." you finished.

percy raised his brow. "the most powerful being in the universe's best idea to save his daughter's life was to turn her into a tree?" he asked as he looked at both you and grover.