── 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏. 𝟎𝟎𝟏

june 9 , 2023
camp half blood
1.7k words

with furrowed eyebrows, you stood cross-armed in the infirmary, hunched over the lying boy, occasionally catching glimpses of his sleeping face illuminated by the light streaming in from the storm outside. chiron announced that the camp would be welcoming a new kid one day, but you didn't truly believe it until you witnessed it yourself.

from his point of view, percy woke up, his eyes slightly blurred as he saw a figure in the dark. he couldn't really make out a lot, but he could tell it was a girl. his head was pounding. all he remembered was his mom getting killed by some sort of monster. the rest? he couldn't remember.

"where am i?" percy asked in a low tone, his brows furrowed as his eyes tried adjusting to the darkness. you looked at him up and down, taking a moment before responding to his question.

"you drool when you sleep." you stated, deciding to now ignore his question while he sat up on the bed.

percy blinked twice. he really was drooling. a bit embarrassed, he wiped his face with his hands, looking away from the girl who was in front of him. "i... sorry," he muttered, to which you furrowed your brows to.

"why are you apologizing?" you muttered to yourself, finding it weird that he was apologizing for something as simple as drooling. you quickly shook it off and leaned against the wall. "so you're the new kid?"

percy raised his eyebrows. he was now staring at the girl in front of him. "how did you know?" he finally responded. he was kinda skeptical about this girl. you rolled your eyes.

"because everyone in camps knows." you said in a obvious tone. "how'd you kill a minotaur with no weapons?" you furrowed your brow as you started thinking, not letting him say anything before you added, "you must be a forbidden child."

"what's a forbidden child?" percy asked her, he had no idea of what that even meant, but something was saying that it was a big deal.

"you don't know what it is?" you spoke in a questioning voice, tilting your head to the side as he shook his head. "god, you really don't know anything.." you muttered.

"can you please just answer my question? what's a forbidden child?" percy asked in a frustrated tone, he wanted answers not questions that are just making him waste his time.

you opened your mouth to speak, but soon closed it as you knew it wasn't your place to tell him.. yet. "you'll find out soon." you sighed while shaking your head.

percy looked even more annoyed. "fine, if you won't tell me, then I might as well ask someone else." percy said with a bit of an aggressive tone. "who are you anyways? you seem to talk like you know everything and everyone here."

"that's on a need to know basis, all you should know is—" before you could finish your sentence the infirmary door swung open, revealing grover.

"percy!" the satyr shouted, causing you and percy to snap your necks towards the boy. grover's expression of worry soon turned into confusion as he turned to you. "what are you doing here?" he questioned you.

you uncrossed your arms. "nothing, i was just leaving." you said, walking past grover and leaving the room, shutting the door on your way out.