BIRTHDAY FIREWORKS [JEROME VALESKA]

Summary: Jerome arranges a firework show for your birthday.

---

"Jerome, no, I don't need fireworks for my birthday," you groggily muttered on the phone as Jerome had called you just after midnight to tell you to go to your balcony and look towards the firework factory.

"Everyone needs fireworks for their birthday!" Jerome cackled and you heard him lighting a match. "Go to the balcony. You won't regret it, this is going to be good."

You rolled your eyes and pulled yourself up from your comfy bed that almost screamed for you to come back, to lie down, hang up on Jerome, turn your phone off and continue sleeping until morning. But you didn't want to disappoint Jerome, so you made your way to the balcony after tying a morning gown around you and sighed to the phone.

"Okay, I'm here. Get your show on, J."

And so it began, the most marvellous firework show, dozens of colours and shapes, everything mixing into one big show. Jerome had most likely chosen all the most expensive and biggest rockets he could find to impress you and you had to admit, it worked. You found yourself smiling at the firework show, admiring how beautiful it was.

Jerome was unpredictable and crazy, but doing things like this, like remembering your birthday and arranging something, proved he wasn't completely a cold, heartless piece of garbage who would kill you after he had played with you long enough.

Everyone else was scared of him, wondering how you were able to be with him, but he had never scared you. You knew it was strange to love him like that - a sociopath, a criminal, but you cared about him. You had tended his wounds whenever he came home with bloodied clothes, you had been fetching him after he broke out of Arkham and he could just lay down with you for a moment, forget about his schemes and past for just a moment. With you, he felt safe, and he always wanted to make your birthday the best he can offer. And seeing your smile after he came home later that day with a cake stolen from an expensive bakery was all he could ask for.

You were his home now, and he didn't think he could love anyone like he loved you.