[JIM GORDON IMAGINE]

IMAGINE BEING A STREET KID AND SAVING JIM GORDON FROM A CRIMINAL AND HE FINDS OUT LATER WHEN HE ARRESTS YOU FOR PICKPOCKETING

(The reader is a female in this fic)

There he was, sitting in front of you and occasionally looking up at you while looking through his papers.

"So... your name is Y/N." he started and you nodded. "I'm Detective James Gordon. I'm here to help you."

You knew who he was - you remembered seeing him interrogating the Bull - a powerful gang member who was on drugs just a few days earlier. Bull hadn't liked Jim's questions so he had attacked him, but fortunately, you had been near and snatched his knife, offering Jim a chance to arrest him. Jim had wanted to offer you his thanks, but you didn't look up to him behind your scarf and just climbed back to the roof after being an accidental vigilante for a cop.

Cops hadn't offered you homeless kids much anything - but something about this new cop had triggered you to help him. He seemed... honest. Something you hadn't met in Gotham for a long time. You offered Detective Gordon a slight smile.

"I know." you answered, earning a confused expression from him. You sighed. "That drug addict who attacked you a few days ago and that girl who came to save you? The girl was me."

Jim's eyebrows rose in surprise, he hadn't expected to meet you this soon - and he definitely hadn't expected it to be you - a street kid he met when your hand was deep in someone's pocket while your friend sold some "homemade candy" to your "customer".

"Why didn't you stay back to let me thank you?" he asked after a moment of silence, and you shrugged.

"Dunno. Cops don't usually have my trust so... just out of instinct, I guess."

Papers were rustling and phones were ringing all around you as Jim slowly put your info up to the paper, but not without stopping for a few seconds after every word. You looked at the sheet, knowing that's almost a sentence to go to juvenile prison, and that caused Jim to hesitate. He tapped the pen against the table as his eyes searched through the paper again and again, but finally, he laid back and looked straight into your eyes.

"You know what? I'm not sending you to the social workers." he said and you furrowed your eyebrows.

"You won't? Why?"

"Because that may act as my thank you. Plus I'd ask you not to pickpocket anymore... I'm going to take a look at how we could help you street kids."

You gave out a little laugh. "Thank you, Detective Gordon. I appreciate the thought. But I hope you know that this is Gotham. Gotham isn't kind on people who are poor and it includes us street kids."

Jim gave you a slight smile. "I'm not known to give up that easily. I promise I'll find a way to help you."