PREFERENCE: HOW THE VILLAINS WOULD FEEL ABOUT AN S/O WITH A BLACK BELT IN KARATE

Characters: Oswald Cobblepot, Ed Nygma, Jerome Valeska, Jeremiah Valeska, Victor Zsazs and Barbara Kean

Oswald Cobblepot

He's proud to see how successful you are at the tournaments - and if you are in danger, you know how to knock your attackers out. He has a peace of mind when he's thinking how you're holding up while at town. It's Gotham and you never know where the attackers are, though no one even dares to touch you because they know you're with the Penguin but that poor soul who dares to touch you in a wrong way or tries to rob you, gets a punch so hard in their chin that it breaks some of their teeth. So yeah, no one messes with you. Also, if Oswald is with you, he'll be ready to kill them unless you want to stop him for some reason.

Ed Nygma

At first, Ed doesn't like it because he's afraid you'll get hurt, but the Riddler convinces him that it's a good thing you know how to defend yourself, because in Gotham, there's so many criminals lurking in the shadows, ready to strike lonely passerbys. But with your self-defence skills, no one matches to you. So you'll come along just fine and Ed is happy about that, because he knows you're safe. Also, if you go to tournaments, he's trying to be there whenever he can and you appreciate it. He can't always make it (especially if he's wanted) but he always makes sure to wish you luck and be there when you get home to ask you how it went.

Jerome Valeska

While he hates that you're not terrorizing Gotham with him, he finds it incredibly sexy when he sees you taking down your opponents while at the tournament. He brings chips and popcorn with him and puts his feet up (regardless if there's someone sitting in front of him or not because hey, it's Jerome) and just watches you there. You insist that he wouldn't come to those tournaments, because you're scared he'd get recognized and caught, but he comes anyway. You can't do anything about it. And he's not stupid, he always leaves right after the tournament ends and congratulates you at home if you win the tournament, but you just stop him and tell him not to come to your tournaments again. But you get a little peace of mind when he promises to come to the tournaments in disguise though because there's too many people who could recognize him especially after he got his face cut off and stapled back on.

Jeremiah Valeska

Before the gas, he wouldn't like it. What a surprise, eh? He's scared you'll get hurt and he also doesn't like it that you fight with people, even if it's just a hobby. He won't try to get you to stop it because he acknowledges it's your life and he doesn't want to control it, but he lets you know that he doesn't like it at all.

His gassed version is glad you know how to defend yourself, because it means he won't have to worry for you. Even though he's cold-blooded psychopath who seems not to care about anyone, he has a soft spot for you and he honestly wouldn't know what he would do if he got to know that you got hurt or killed - and that's the only thing he's truly scared of, even when he doesn't show it to anyone and even you get only glimpses of it when you're alone.

Victor Zsazs

It means less job for him, because you know those kicks alright. Gotham is a dangerous place and you absolutely have to be careful out there, but fortunately he knows you're skillful and he has seen you at the tournaments. You're not there beating anyone without purpose and the only way of seeing you in action is at tournaments - you're not allowed to use your skills if there isn't the absolute need to kick someone, and you know it and Victor does too - and that's why he shows up at tournaments whenever he can.

Barbara Kean

She's almost sad that you're not involved with crime, she'd be so glad to ask you to beat up a snitch or someone to interrogate, but seeing you at tournaments was entertaining too. She's proud to see how talented you are with all those kicks and punches and she could watch you for hours when you're practicing at home. It's mesmerizing for her - and every time you win, you get a kiss from her and even if you don't win, she's buying you something to comfort you (though you know that losing is a part of it, you can't always win).