★彡01|35 - "I'm gonna miss you." 彡★

Start from the beginning

There was a moment of silence as the four processed the information, and then there was a chorused, "What!?"

The following was a flurry. Y/n left the table without eating, going to talk to Fairy Godmother and to pack her stuff, Carlos going with her as Evie and Jay took the table-cleaning upon their shoulders and Mal went to search for Ben, Belle and Beast.

It took Y/n but an hour to be done with everything, but in that time, news spread. Thus, when she was about to step out of her room, she ran into Lonnie.

"Hey, I heard," the girl started. "I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for not being the best roomie in the world. Whenever you come back, I'd still like to be friends."

Y/n smiled genuinely yet sadly. "I'd like that, too, Lonnie. You are the greatest sparring partner." Next to Asher, but that wouldn't be sensible to say.

The girls hugged and Carlos then followed Y/n out of the room. In the hall they ran into Jane and Doug, who also said their quick goodbyes to the girl.

And then, sooner than Y/n would've liked, they were at the carriage that would take Y/n away from the life she'd learned to love. The girl hauled her stuff in, then taking a moment to curtsy before Ben, Belle and Beast before moving to Fairy Godmother.

"We'll find a way to work through your studies, dear," the woman promised.

"Right," Y/n nodded, curtsying in front of her, too, out of respect, before moving to the four she'd come to call her closest friends.

Jay was the first to step up. He looked a bit sad as he said, "I'm not the best at this kind of stuff but... Stay strong." He gave Y/n an encouraging pat on the shoulder.

The girl smiled. "Thanks, Jay, I'll do my best."

Mal was the next one in line. This time Y/n was the first one to speak. "Look, I know we haven't gotten along the best, but—"

"I'll miss you," Mal cut in, smiling slightly. "And I'm eternally grateful for the part you played in us changing our minds."

Y/n bit the inside of her cheek, holding back tears as she went in for a quick hug. "It was my pleasure."

Evie didn't wait for Y/n to step away from Mal, instead just going to hug her right off the bat. "We'll wait for you to come back after everything is settled."

"I'll come back," Y/n promised, nodding as they pulled away from each other.

Evie gave a smile. "I just know you're gonna be the best queen someday."

"Oh, Evie," Y/n whispered, wiping away her tears. "You're such a good friend."

"Keep in touch?" Evie questioned.

"Of course," Y/n nodded. "I'll write you." Her eyes met Fairy Godmother's. "And then you can send me some studying stuff, too, so I won't be too left behind."

Evie nodded. "Will do." And then she pretty much pushed Y/n away from herself so she would stand in front of Carlos.

"So, I—"

"Y'know—"

They started at the same time, meeting eyes for a second before looking at the ground in embarrassment as both of their heart rates picked up.

"Uhm, you go first," Carlos stammered.

Y/n smiled, taking a deep breath before speaking. "Carlos. Thank you for being my friend and thank you for trusting me in hard times. I really do appreciate it."

Carlos smiled a bit. "You've been my best friend here in Auradon." He quickly glanced at everyone else to distract himself from the pain he felt in his heart while saying the word friend. "And— And I—"

Y/n couldn't hold it in anymore and pulled the boy into a hug. "I'm gonna miss you," she whispered into the crook of his neck, for she feared she'd break if she said it any louder.

Carlos' voice cracked as he answered, "I'm gonna miss you, too."

Y/n pulled away, wiping the tears threatening to spill as she sniffled. "Pat Dude for me?"

"Every day," Carlos promised, then put a hand in his pocket and pulled out a little plastic box, containing some rice and vegetables, that he handed to the girl. "I saw you didn't eat earlier, so..."

"Oh, Carlos," Y/n let out, hugging the boy once again before pulling away and looking at all four of them. "What did I ever do to deserve such good friends as you guys?"

The four could only shrug, all of them thinking that they were the lucky ones in the situation.

"Right," Y/n nodded to herself, her fingers wrapping tighter around the box Carlos gave her. "I guess it's time."

She slowly stepped away, turning back to the people she'd grown to call family and the place she'd grown to call her home.

Then the girl stopped and put away the box before turning around and running back to the four, all of them going in for a group hug.

Y/n then pulled back, letting out a teary and breathless, "Bye," before she went into the carriage and didn't look back.

Watching as the carriage drove away, a single tear rolled down Carlos' cheek.

THE END OF BOOK 1