"Enough of this madness! I just want to be safe at home!" Isak's voice echoed in the room as she kicked a chair away in frustration. I knew Isak well enough to understand that her anger was her way of coping with the fear and uncertainty.

Raising my voice to be heard over the chaos, I tried to instill a sense of hope in the room. "We can't let go of hope, alright? Our patience might be wearing thin, but if we stay determined, if we keep pushing forward, we might just find a way out of this. Always remember, there's no challenge we can't overcome!" I said, trying to rally everyone amidst the zombie situation outside. Daesu and Namra smiled a bit at me and Dae su made a fighting pose and nodded.

While I was speaking, I found myself sitting next to Isak and Onjo. The familiar presence of Isak provided a comforting warmth, and I allowed my head to rest on her shoulder. However, an unexpected, piercing gaze diverted my attention. Lifting my gaze, I found myself locked in a deep brown stare. It was none other than Su Hyeok.

Su Hyeok, along with the other guys, was busy crafting makeshift weapons to protect us all. Despite his focus on the task at hand, he found a moment to meet my gaze. Under different circumstances, the intensity of his stare might have given me butterflies.

Hyoryeong's words resonated in the room, grounding me in the present. "Fear is a common thread among us," she confessed, her voice a soothing balm amidst the chaos. "Panic has gripped us all. Yet, if we band together, if we consolidate our efforts, our collective strength will surge. This unity will simplify our struggle."

In the midst of all this, Ji min seemed to be the only one not contributing to our survival efforts. Motivated by the need to survive, I joined the boys in crafting weapons. We used shards of glass from the broken windows, wrapping them with strips of our tattered uniforms to create handles. It was a grim task, but necessary for our survival. We were determined to fight, to survive, and to see another day.

My friends gazes swiveling towards me, their eyes mirroring concern.

"Are you certain? You don't need to overexert yourself-" Wujin's calming voice was suddenly interrupted.

Just then, Su Hyeok chimed in, "You know, you can always rely on us. Don't feel obligated to do everything on your own."

Before I could respond, Suho added, "Indeed, we're here for you. Don't push yourself too hard. We all care about you." Their voices echoed with genuine concern, reminding me that I wasn't alone in this journey.

"Stop this preferential treatment!" she thundered, her index finger jabbing in my direction. Jimin, the self centered brat of our institution.

"Shinae" isn't the sole bearer of struggles, we've all faced our own battles! Yet, you all seem to place her on a pedestal! It's preposterous. She hasn't even made an effort to assist as much as as everyone I was keeping a lookout!"

I'm uncertain about her current thoughts, but the dangerous glint in her eyes as they dart towards the girl is unmistakable. If Jimin doesn't hold her tongue, I fear Namra might lose her patience.

"Let's chill, ladies," Suhyeok jumps in, trying to cool the heated situation, "we've got better things to do than bicker, don't we?"

"Why are you lecturing me! Why not teach that girl some manners! Wait, don't tell me you're her lover or something or did you both fuck?"

Jimin's smirk is devoid of any humor, and in response, Suhyeok only offers her an icy stare.

"Why does it matter to you? Regardless of our relationship, I won't let you harm her. And she is our friend we are all we got in this situation"

I crinkle my nose and bite the inside of my cheek to suppress a smile. Suhyeok's words soothe my senses, and I smile a little.

I managed to muster a smile, a silent reassurance that I was on the mend and ready to contribute.