5: ANNE'S BIRTHDAY

KAITLYN KNIGHT'S POV

I picked her call,"Yes Maddy?"
"Kate, Open the door" It was Lucy's voice.
"Lucy?" I asked.
"Yes. Open the door fast. Maddy got unconscious." He said.
"Ohk. I am just coming." I hanged up the call.

As soon as I opened the door, I saw Lucy's eyes were red with unshed tears and Maddison looked as if she has cried a lot, there were tear marks on her face.

I can easily feel the tension in the air, so I thought it would be better if I don't start with my FBI agent questions now.

"You want to take her home?" I asked.
Lucy just nodded and picked up Maddy bridal style.

I went outside and he followed till his car. He put Maddy on the backseat and was about to go to the driver's seat when I interrupted," You can sit with her, I will drive."
He again nodded and sat inside, with Maddy's head on his lap.

While I was driving, I can see him continuously stroking her face and hair, with tears in his eyes which he was trying to stop.

Soon, we reached his apartment. He got out with Maddy and went straight into his bed, put Maddison on his bed and covered her with his duvet.

He looked at me, and suddenly hugged me. I moved my palm on his back in a comforting manner. I can soon hear his sobs.

After about 10minutes, he mumbled,"Thank you Kate, Thank you so much".
I know he's thanking me for locking him and Maddy in the same room.

However, I hesitantly asked him if Maddy is angry with him because if she wasn't, he won't be crying like this.
"S-She said it's o-over b-between us" He said between his sobs.
"She w-wasn't at fault, I m-misunderstood everything. If she w-won't talk t-to me, I won't be able to live w-with this guilt, K-Kate" He somehow continued.

I cupped his cheeks," Hey, I know what you did was wrong but you will again be doing wrong if you don't try to make it up for her. Apologize to her and make her trust you again. Ok?"

He nodded,"I will"
"Lucy, can I-" He interrupted me, knowing my question damn well.
"You can have a sleepover here, just inform Kyle. He must be worried."

I smiled and nodded.

I had a room in Lucy's apartment. I know he did wrong by straightaway ignoring her for a week, but it's not entirely his fault, after his dark past, he just couldn't trust anyone. I will be helping him but he has to overcome his trust issues by himself afterall atleast the misunderstanding is clear. Now, he will leave no stone unturned to make Maddy forgive him and trust him again.
I informed Kyle and slept.

In the morning

I woke up due to the sun rays peeking through the window. I thought to check on Lucy so I went in his room. He was shirtless and Maddison was snuggled in his naked torso. His arm was snaked around her waist and they both looked peaceful.

I smiled and kept a note informing that I went back to my house.

I took a cab and went back to the mansion.
Today, is Anne's birthday but we, as in I and Kyle, aren't going to wish her. We will show that we don't remember her birthday, and then suprise her with the party.

I giggled at the thought of how her face expressions will be.

Later that evening

Whole day passed by a blink. Anne was all grumpy because we didn't wish her. It was 5 pm now.

I called Anne, she came happily, because she thought to I am gonna wish her.

But, as soon as I said that I need to go to the mall, her facial expressions changed. It was too hard to control my laugh but I did it somehow. I insisted her to come with me, as soon as she said yes, I told her to get ready and texted Kyle to start with the decorations after 30min.