Chapter 1 - The beginning of hell

Start from the beginning

???: "Alex are you ok?" the cub asks tilting their head and letting their little ears lean with their head.

Alex:" O-oh, yeah, Just had a weird dream, what's up? Normally I would be the one waking you up" I say letting myself stretch my tension out. Thankfully, it helps control my shaking

???: "Are you sure? This is worse than the other weird dreams you've had for the past few days." he says getting on the other side of my bed.

???: "Also I wake up early too sometimes, I'm not a baby!" He quickly remarks as he puffs out his chest and places his balled-up fists on his hips, striking a hero pose. His toothy grin let his sharp but small teeth shine.

I need to stop giving this kid comic books.

The frame creaks under his weight, practically creating a small indent, causing me to lean towards him a bit. Micah has been getting his growth spurt for a few days, not to mention his appetite has increased dramatically as well.  It's a little jarring seeing an anthropomorphic bear act so childish especially one that can talk as well. 

Alex:" I'm sure, I'm ok" I place my hand on his head, ruffling his thick fur for a moment.

Alex: "Alright, since you're not a baby anymore, I expect you to wake me up as soon as the sun is peaking." I say with a teasing voice. "And we have to get rid of that teddy bear that you have since that is for babies." His face falters in shock and disbelief

Got him. 

Micah:" W-what! No wait! I take that back!" he stutters over his words trying to UN-convince me from thinking he's old enough. 

He IS 13... but I can't help but feel that he is too young to even do major things... At least mentally. He does sometimes act as an 8-year-old. But I still love him with all of my heart.

I lift my sheets while letting my legs swing off the bed. Looking down I see the huge scar running up my right leg, near the lateral side of my ankle. I can't help but stare at it, the skin looking like a rippling mess. I still don't know how It wasn't amputated, the damage to it was enough to get it removed by itself, yet, it's still here to haunt me. 

Micah:" Wait! Stay in bed" The cub exclaims, snapping me out of my thoughts and causing me to freeze. 

 I look back at him waiting for anything unusual to pop out and attack us only to be met with a wide-eyed bear. His amber eyes caused me to smile and chuckle at his excitement.

I comply and simply sit up, covering myself with the sheets. I wonder if he had found something interesting while I was asleep...

Which is not a good thing at all, he needs to stay close to our camp at all times unless I'm around. 

Alex:" *sigh* this kid" I start feeling restless waiting for him, my anxiety growing slowly, wondering what he might be doing. 

That at all changes as I hear his scratchy footsteps coming closer and closer. His sharp claws dig into the ground with each step. 

With his newfound growth spurt, he's gotten taller and heavier, which also makes it hard for him to sneak around. If anything I'm glad he can't sneak away from me as much since he likes to run off and explore around when we are scavenging. 

I snap out of my thoughts as he walks right around the corner of the doorframe, revealing a plate of what I assume is Breakfast. 

Micah: "TA-DAH!" the cub says raising the metal plate above his head. 

I clap trying to feed into his small act of kindness to me. I always try to let him have fun every once in a while but, I can't help but feel concerned about why he left to get food without me. I push those thoughts back, letting myself relax a bit more.