Kaliyah had refrained herself from blowing up his phone because she didn't want to seem crazy. She knew that her and Von weren't technically together; but that didn't mean she didn't care about him deeply. Plus, with the way they had been expressing their feelings for each other recently, Kaliyah was so sure that they would eventually make their relationship official soon.

So why would he ghost me out of no where?

She couldn't help but think.

Kaliyah did send him one last text message yesterday, wanting to know if everything was alright with him. For all she knew, he could be going through something personal without her knowledge.

Yet, he didn't even respond to that text message either.

Kaliyah was simply trying to think logical about the situation. She didn't want to assume that after everything they had been through, Von would just randomly ghost her for no real reason at all. She refused to believe he would do something like that.

Kaliyah could've sworn that everything was good between them. She couldn't think of anything bad she might've done that would make Von actively choose to ignore her. The only thing she could think of was when he tried to call her the other night while Asian was over, and she ended up missing his call.

Could that be why he's ghosting me? Over a missed call?-

"Kali, sis why you so quiet today? You usually be up in here talking my entire head off. Is everything cool with your dad?"

Keke spoke up, interrupting her thoughts. Kaliyah let out a deep sigh, setting her phone face down onto her lap.

"Yeahh, everything's fine with him..."

She mumbled.

"Hmm.. well are you having any boy trouble? I heard you was out here dating a rapper. Ain't his name King Von or something-"

"And where did you hear that from?"

Kaliyah chuckled, raising her eyebrows up. Keke just smirked.

"Girl it's all over the blogs. You don't follow the shaderoom?"

"Uh no. I don't follow that page. It's way too messy for me over there."

Kaliyah shook her head.

"Yeah well they be posting yall, and I think yall are super cute together."

Kaliyah just huffed a bit, not really in the mood to be talking about Von at all.

"Me and him aren't even together. We never were."

She stated in a matter of fact tone.

"Girl what? Stop playing, Kaliyah."

"Im not playing. I mean, me and Von were messing around with each other, I'll admit- and I could've sworn that we were slowly becoming serious... but I don't even know anymore."

Kaliyah rolled her eyes inwardly.

"So he ain't ask you to be his girlfriend yet?"

Keke placed her comb down, before turning Kaliyah's head slightly. She only had a few more locs left to go.

"No... he hasn't. But I don't think any of that matters anymore. He ghosted me so it's over."

"Ghosted you?! So wait a minute- is that the reason why you all upset right now? Because that stupid man ghosted you?"

Keke questioned.

"I'm not upset. I'm just... annoyed."

"Shiiit- I'd be annoyed too if my baby daddy ghosted me. And he's done that hella times in the past."