🌊| Topper again, fun. (51)

Start from the beginning

She crosses her arms. "I don't do the white stuff, if that's what your talking about. I have nasal issues. But I tried molly like.. once. And I didn't ever again, alright?" She purses her lips together as I look at her, quite disappointed.

"Don't let me catch you doing it, promise me, Ren." I hold out my pinky.

"I'm too big for pinky swears." She stares at my hand.

"No one's too old for pinky swears." I tilt my head as she finally gives into it.

"Now, tone down on the weed. Don't want you ending up like I did." I sigh, brushing myself down.

Her jaw drops. "That's exactly my goal, don't you know?"

I chuckle a bit, looking away. "Well, I'll see you later. And tell Wheezie that I'll be letting Sarah know she's a cocaine addict."

"Darla! Don't. I swear if you do." She pleads.

I bring both arms up to shrug. "That depends if my eleven year old sister doesn't become an addict before 13!"

***

I open the doors of the wreck, walking in and seeing that it's relatively busy today. I see Kie stood at the counter, I walk up to her and lean beside.

"Hey." I huff, fixing my hair. "You said yesterday that you'd need help."

She looks over and smiles brightly. "Dude you don't know how good it is to see you, I've been isolated by my dad for like a day."

My eyebrows scrunch. "What?" I fully turn to her. "Why?"

"He is literally the worst, he's putting me on a Pogue ban." She crosses her arms, waiting on something.

I roll my eyes, chuckling a bit. "I'm sorry but your dad is so dramatic."

A woman appears, one of the workers, placing a box on the counter for Kie to take. She looks at me. "Are you helping?"

I look at Kie, then back at the woman with a smile. "Yep."

The woman places another box for me to take. I do so, but suddenly look over to see Kies shocked yet disappointed face.

"What?" I ask, lifting the box.

She looks to the side, then at me. "Just look over there."

I do, and to my surprise I see Topper and Sarah sitting at a table together. I wasn't expecting them to still be together since yesterday.

"Oh." Are my words as I follow Kie outside.

She shakes her head. "Dude, what? Why is she with Topper?"

I shrug. "I mean, I was with her yesterday when Topper found us stealing beer. She forced me into his boat, and I assumed after he dropped me off at Heyward's that he'd drop her off somewhere too. I guess she stayed with him." I explain as we walk down the dock to the loading boat.

"Bro, what? That's so messed up on John B." She remarks, shaking her head and looking up.

I nod, following after her. "I mean, they fought. But that doesn't give her the right to go off with Topper."