Part 34: I Intend To Be Your Last

Start from the beginning

"Take care," I mumbled and left her, ignoring the voice of my heart that screamed not to leave her. I walked away, fighting the urge to turn back and look at her for the one last time.

I sent a message to Theo telling him that I left the party because I was not feeling well and sent a message to Saarim as well, else he might feel bad that I left without meeting him. From when did I start to care about what others think? Maybe it's because of her, it has to be.

I sat in my car for the next 15 minutes because Layla was still out, and I left only after I saw her entering the party hall.

As soon as she stepped inside the hall, I accelerated the car and drove out. I had no idea where I was heading to, my mind was out of its place. I was going fast, dangerously fast and the chances of me being pulled over due to overspeeding were quite high, but I didn't give a shit about it.

All I knew was that I needed to clear my head. I needed to get her out of my mind. My mind was l fucked up.

I could see all of the memories we had right in front 0f my eyes like a movie. Her laugh was echoing in my ears, her face was flashing in front of me and her words were ringing in my head.

"Oh my God, Imran! That little girl is so cute!" She said and pointed out to a 4 year old girl who was giggling and playing with her parents.

"Yes, but you're more cute."

F L A S H B A C K

We were at a park which had recently opened.

We had been here for the last 2 hours and it was time for us to go and I said, "Come on, I'll drop you at your home."
"So that my sister or my parents see me with you and then kill me? No thanks, I'll go by myself" she said and shook her head in disbelief. "And you think I'm gonna let you go alone at this time?" I said pointing towards my watch, showing her that it was past 9:45pm.
"Oh God you sound just like my brother!" She exclaimed as she face-palmed herself.

F L A S H B A C K O V E R

I was still driving and it was 9:23 pm. I stopped the car and got out of my car and kicked its tyre in frustration. I fucking love her, and going away from her is not easy for me. But seeing her with someone else was driving me mad. I had never known the feeling of jealousy until I met her. The first time I felt jealous was when Saarim hugged her and after that, it was every time when I saw her with her asshole of a boyfriend Amaan.

I'm damn sure he is cheating on Layla with that bitch Hailey. It's so clear- hanging out together, dancing together, lying to them, coming at the party together- yet Zayn and Layla ignore it. They're just not ready to accept it.

I sat in my car and drove to the beach house. I wanted to be alone, and that was the only place where no one would disturb me. I sent a message to my mom saying that I am staying at the beach house with Theo, and told Theo about it. He said he'd handle it as long as I told him why I am here.
To avoid any stressful conversations with him, I simply said that I wanted some time alone.

I called Zayn to get an idea about what is happening there, or to be much more specific, what's happening with Layla. "Hey, what are you doing?" I asked him as he picked my call. "Nothing much, just eating the cake. Where are you by the way?" He asked to which I replied, "I left the party, I am at the beach house, Theo's gonna join me after the party."
"What is it with you guys? First Layla and now you?" What did he mean by that? "What do you mean? Layla left the party?" I asked and he said, "Yeah she did. She wasn't feeling well and went home a while ago. Zahra insisted her to wait for the cake cutting and she left right after it."