Chapter 91 | PHASE SIX: Healing pt. 2

Start from the beginning

He'd come back early this morning during one of my many showers trying to rid my body of Dax. The first moment I felt his tether reaching out for mine, my heart sank because I thought that maybe it might not be true, that maybe it might be my mind hallucinating things.

But then he'd sent me a signal that only he could.

Onyx flooded our bond with memories of the first time he'd come to me at the mere age of ten years old. He'd shown me our first shift and the first time we'd ran down to the lake and shared a swim.

The first time he spoke to me and said he'd loved me from the moment I was born. The first time he'd told me that I was the best life partner he could have ever asked for.

That's when I knew it was him.

That's when I knew he was back and when I lowered my veil, searching the shadows for his presence. Onyx came barreling out of the darkness and colliding with the sides of my mind. His tongue lolled out of his mouth as he pounced up and placed his front paws on the right side and then the affection came.

Lick after lick, grooming after grooming, he'd shown me how much he cared for me, how much he'd missed me and I'd given him as much affection I could in return.

I just closed my eyes in that shower and melted down to the floor, wrapping my arms around myself and enjoying the bond I had with my beast.

The tears quickly built and split over unabashedly. I didn't try to stop them, I was proud of them because they were for my Leopard. They were real and they were for the only one I knew would never harm me in any way.

"I'm getting emotional." — Onyx whispers, ears tucking back and body sinking to the floor of my mind.

"I'm sorry. I just really missed you buddy. You have no idea how lonely I felt without you."

"Ditto." — He huffs softly, crawling towards the forefront and giving me another lick.

Smiling softly, I keep my eyes closed and allow myself to be gentle with myself and accept the affections from my beast. To accept the calming sensation that he was sending to me through him.

I only open my eyes again when I hear the bedroom door open and two scents flood my senses. I'm not afraid because I know who they belong to, but I'm a little saddened that they didn't belong to Dylan.

The bed dips behind me and I can tell by the similar shift in size and the rose scent that it's Reland.

I take in a breath when he wraps his arms around me from behind and pulls my still shivering body into his and I react to the much welcomed body heat that I couldn't seem to make on my own.

Reland and Roman were the only other people who could touch me during this time besides Dylan. They were apart of my inner Sun, so it made sense. Their touch didn't scare me, it didn't make me nauseous, it didn't hurt me - it was quite the opposite actually. It was perfect, not as much as Dylan's but it was as perfect as it could get.

My purr comes barreling out of me when I feel Reland tighten his grip around me and lay his chin on my shoulder. This man has been there for me through so much and it amazes me that he's still here - even after what happened between us.

Nose sniffing, my father's scent carries through me as well as he walks around the bed and kneels down in front of me.

When he reaches out for me and touches my hand, I tense up and pull back. "No," I whisper, shaking my head. "No, Pop, not yet."

He withdraws his hand, his eyes full of hurt but also understanding. Pop knew that I needed time with this. Just like last time. I just needed to decompress and I needed to will my body to feel safe with touch again.