"ᴍᴀʏ ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ?" (𝘋𝘪𝘭𝘶𝘤 𝘹 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳)

(A/N: This was requested by @liam_taiyokumo Thank you for requesting and I apologise for the wait, dear <3 I hope you like it, I really wanted to kill off Diluc haha)

Her smile was infuriating.

He hated how it made his heart stutter. He hated how it would make him pause just to look at it. He hated how he could feel the blood rushing to his face whenever she sent him one of her pretty smiles.

He hated how he was in love with every little thing about her.

And there she was, without a clue about how strong his feelings were, waltzing through the crowd with no care at all. It almost made him smile.

The chandelier was hung up high, the glistening crystals fell dull in comparison to the shine in her eyes. The dresses of other woman as they spun were only the swirling of bland colours compared to hers. The way her dress complimented her skin had him mesmerised. Though, her face was truly the main star there. With her hair falling perfectly around it, bringing out her eyes and her sweet smile that he couldn't get enough of. As much as he hated to admit. She was absolutely enthralling.

"Diluc!" She sweetly called as she hurried over to him. "You look rather handsome."

He hoped she didn't see the pink painting his cheeks.

"You look..." He slightly hesitated, holding his tongue. "Beautiful."

She giggled, her features melting into the most bewitching smile he has ever seen.

"Thank you." She says softly, tilting her head as she steps closer.

"Diluc," She begins again with a charming lilt to her voice. "May I have this dance with you?"

The way she said his name sent shivers crawling down his spine. The dim light spilt on her face so delicately as she looked at him, she was so irresistible and enticing that all he could manage was a curt nod. He was utterly hooked.

It was as if his mind had blanked, his body moving on pure instinct as he gently placed his hand on her waist and held her hand with the other as she drew even closer to him. It was hard to breathe. The air redolent between them with a mix of his cologne and her perfume. Her hand was warm. Her fingers fit snug between his as if they were created for that purpose. His breath trembled. Her other hand had snuck up upon his shoulder and she looked up at him with another smile, everything seemed right. Perfect even.

The close proximity between the two in that moment set aflame to his heart.

As if they were clockwork, their movements synced together skilfully yet so very gently. He couldn't keep his eyes off her and neither could she as they waltzed.

"You are quite the dancer." She commented as he slowly twirled her.

He pulled her close and he could've sworn that pink shaded her cheeks. "As are you, Miss (Name)."

She chuckled at his sudden formality. "Must you address me with such formality?"

His gaze almost wavered. "My apologises."

She suddenly leaned in, her breath mingling with his. His eyes widened and she only gifted him with another charming smile. His grip on her waist subconsciously tightened as they swayed even closer. As if they were lovers.

"Why don't you..." Her voice dropped into an alluring whisper. "Call me yours instead?"