5: You make it sound so easy

"Your WHAT?"

"My son," she repeated.

"How? I thought you were my age."

"I just turned thirty-five. . ."

"I wouldn't say "just"," the blonde clone commented.

"Aurora-" Alison sighed as I looked back at Julien. He doesn't resemble either of them. Even his hair is opposite theirs. I was convinced this was a joke until I looked closer. He has her eyes.

I loosened my grip and took a half step back. I have yet to see what this woman can do. I don't want to learn while I'm holding her son. "Don't be scared, mom doesn't encourage violence," Aurora pulled my attention back to her. "You really shouldn't walk around with your thoughts open."

"Rori, you are making her feel embarrassed," Amara nudged her.

"No, I'm saving her from further embarrassment."

"Aren't you glad you made this a private training session?" A platinum-haired and slightly shorter Jaylon wrapped his arm around Alison's shoulders similar to how my brothers would do to my parents in an attempt to talk themselves out of trouble.

She and Jaylon shared a glance before looking at Julien and me. At this point, I'm hugging myself. I wanted Julien to wrap his arms around me again, but he stayed in place, meeting his parents' gaze. "Talia," Alison spoke up softly. Her cold eyes smiled down at me warmly as the calm returned to me. "Would you be interested in continuing your tour with Julien? I can catch-" I cut her off nodding my head so quickly I thought it would roll off my shoulders.

"I feel like you people are purposely delaying my fight with Julien," Rori sighed disappointedly.

"I guess you will find out next time, my dear sister," he smirked, walking back in the direction Alison and I came. I glanced between Lucious and Asmodeus cautiously before walking quickly between them to catch up. "Where did you leave off?"

"Leave off what?"

"What has my mother shown you so far?"

I wanted to lie before remembering he could hear my thoughts. "The packhouses, gardens, and villages. She mentioned the castle looking enchanting after sunset."

"It would seem we have some time to kill then." He stopped to peek over his shoulder until I accepted with a shy nod.

"So. . . that girl. She's your sister?" I wanted to make conversation as we walked to prevent awkwardness, but we're well past that point.

"You couldn't tell?"

"Physically, no."

He laughed to himself and took a left turn before we reached the fairy village. I glanced around, searching for the rush of water my ears picked up, finding nothing but a forest full of naked trees. "It's frequently assumed that we're cousins. I favor my grandparents. Who do you favor?"

His question took me off guard, causing a momentary pause in my steps. "I wouldn't know."

"You wouldn't? Did your parents pass? I'm sorry that was rude-"

"No, they didn't. I thought I favored my mom. Then I learned it's impossible to favor her." I walked casually next to him, keeping my gaze ahead, despite the feeling of his eyes staring into the side of my head. "My birthday present was learning that I was adopted."

"Why would she tell you on your birthday, of all days?"

"They had no choice. The whole house woke up to my first shift. They thought someone had broken in and taken me until I returned a few hours later naked and covered in dirt. I had to make up a terrible cover story to tell the cops, but I told my family the truth thinking I must have gotten it from one of my parents."