Prologue

As the reality of the situation came crashing down upon you, you realised that you were never truly loved by them.

They adored your talents, your innate capabilities, the power that you could bring them. But they never loved you. You were just blinded by the fact that they were family that you never once questioned it. Everything that they did, it was all for this very moment. You were always a calf meant to be fattened up and sent to the slaughter. Maybe, just maybe, if you were more special... could you earn their love?

No. You can't.

Now here you were, tears streaming down you face as you silently knelt with your head bowed in front of the elders of the clan. There were no sobs, no hiccoughs, no words from you. How could you? You'd already cried your heart out a few hours before. These old men were no-names in the wider world of jujutsu, but with what they had planned, they believed they could elevate themselves to knew heights. They were willing to sell you off into a marriage you never asked for to someone you didn't even know if it meant that they could gain just a sliver of status and fame, if it meant that their names would be remembered for years to come. No words registered in your mind. Too shell shocked to even react to anything.

You weren't a person. You were a bargaining chip, a breeding bull, a prized possession. You'd talked to your parents, believing that they would see your side and fight for your right to choose. They didn't. And it hurt. When you tried to escape, you were brought back with the curse engraved upon your skin. A curse that they had written on your body. A symbol of their lack of love for you. It broke you. You were nothing but a tool to them. Your soul shattered into innumerable pieces that you weren't certain could be put back together.

You were only fifteen. You had so much more you wanted to do. The love in your heart had swelled within the fractured soul within you, believing that it deserved to be loved back if it gave it all to the world. That wasn't how it worked. You were a sacrifice that they were willing to make for themselves.

Jujutsu sorcerers lay down their lives on the daily just so the clueless sheep could be safe from the danger of the unseen wolves. Sorcerers can sing and dance and play and do whatever the hell they wanted. They can level mountains and protect the innocent and wield incredible powers.

The one thing they couldn't do was live a normal life.

Jujutsu sorcerers don't dream of a peaceful life. They don't bother to dream dreams of a white picket fence and a wide backyard where their children can play together underneath the warm sun. What would be the point? You weren't gonna see them grow old, to see them learn lessons that mold them as people, to see them lead happy lives of their own. No, you'd be too dead before they even reach their fifth birthday. What would happen is that they would be sent out for adoption. Poor little Hinata and Hiroto would never know who their parents were, what they did for the world, how they saved countless lives without asking for anything in return.

In a world where everyone would surely die sooner than later with you next in line, you never forgot to dream of a better world.

In a world of suffering and hopelessness, one cursed to be destroyed by those that live in it, you wanted to dream of a better world.

In a world of torment and agony, one that rejected you through and through, you never once turned your back against it, and you desperately dreamt of a better world.

Because at the end of the day, you were born to bring love to the world.

The same world that refused to love you back.

The same world that forsook you.

You were willing to give it your all.

But no longer is that true.

You weren't sure anymore, but...

You will be married to Satori of the Gojo family. Be proud, you will bring honour to our clan.

...maybe you can learn to love again?