Chapter 12: Fresh start

Start from the beginning

I looked for them, left, right, up, down. 

then my phone suddenly rang. 

oh yeah, I've got my mobile phone with me, why didn't I use it?

I looked at the id 'cute panda' it says.

"hello?"

"you know, you ran past us?" he said.

I turned around and saw him standing, waving at me. 

I sighed and waved back. 

we sat at this restaurant and had coffee. 

I didn't touch my coffee, I was looking at them one by one for 5 seconds, waiting for them to talk.

"aren't you going to-" before Taeyang could finish his sentence,

"I just want to hear your explanation." I said in a firm voice.

Seungri and TOP cleared their throats, while Daesung looked away; Taeyang tightened his lips and Jiyong; I don't know what he was doing. 

I can't see his eyes with those huge sunglasses he has on.

"it all started-"

"blame me." Jiyong interrupted Taeyang

we all looked at him. he was back to his cold, silent-type, attitude.

"we had a bet, me and youngbae. TOP and seungri were supposedly in it too, but they backed out the next day. Of course, daesung is too kind to do this."

I cleared my throat "and what was the bet all about?" I asked in a firm voice.

"making you fall for us without falling for you first."

"is that so?" I felt like crying so I looked away.

"why did you do it? ... what will you get from it?" I asked.

"I foolishly agreed to Jiyong's crazy idea because I wanna prove something to him. but in the process, it became real for me. the night I went to your apartment? Everything I said were real."

I kept quiet and kept myself calm.

Youngbae leant closer to grab my hand that was on the table but I pulled my hand away.

"you all knew all along. why didn't you tell me?" I asked them as I looked them one by one.

"I tried to tell you, Lizzie, honestly I did but every time I tried, hyung would pull me away from you. I even tried calling you one time but Jiyong-hyung took my phone away."  Seungri said.

I looked at TOP,

"that...ummm... the night they got drunk, you asked me why you. I told you everything but you fell asleep." he said.

I smirked, "hah..." I said.

I looked at Daesung.

"and what's your story?"

"I didn't have the courage to tell you. I mean, we already bonded. I don't want to lose a friend. But I tried to warn you last night. remember?" he said.

how could I have not seen those signs. how could I have been blinded.

"then, it's my fault." they all looked at me.

"I knew this... meeting you... spending days with you guys... having fun together... it was too good to be true." I said as tears started to build up in my eyes.