𝐢𝐯. capture the flag

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

"You're gonna love this." Luke said, guiding Percy through one of Camp Halfblood's countless field the next morning as they walked around Campers dressed in what looked to be very real battle armour. "Camp-wide mock warfare, all glory to the victors. Except Aphrodite don't all play. Not all of them believe in battle which is completely fair enough, you gotta respect it."

Percy eyes landed on a girl around his age down by the troops with an owl flag high above them.

"Annabeth's the Head Counselor of the Athena Cabin. She and Dahlia have led our team to three straight wins." Luke explained, noticing Percy's recognition. "It's been a long time since anybodies won a forth."

"I thought you said the Aphrodite Cabin don't participate?" Percy asked and Luke shrugged.

"Not all of them but a good fifty percent do." Luke said. "Dahlia, being their Head Counselor, is the one who convinces them to. Everyone always forgets Aphrodite is also a Goddess of war."

"Annabeth was there last night, in the bathroom." Percy said suddenly, eyes still latched on Annabeth. "She said she'd been waiting for it to happen."

"Annabeth sees the world differently, she's always six steps ahead of everyone else." Luke explains, stopping them on their walk as he turned to Percy as he lazily scanned the crowd to look for Dahlia. "You should cut her a break."

"Whose side are you on, anyway?"

"Oh hers, always." Luke said immediately, before frowning and revising his statement. "Hers and Dahlia's. But they're always on the same side anyway so it's not that different really. The gods know I love Dahlia more than I should and Annabeth's my little sister."

That made Percy look way too confused.

"Maybe I should back up." Luke said carefully as Percy nodded. "But let's grab lunch first."

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

"There you are, I've been looking for you everywhere." Dahlia said happily, rushing up to her boyfriend with her braids bouncing with every step she took as she made her way through the people grabbing food around the ceremonial bonfire. "Annabeth said you would be here. I tried to escape before she made me run even more laps."

"I'm just filling in Percy on the family lore." Luke said, wrapping his arm around her shoulder as she slipped onto the bench beside him. "Maybe you could tell him how handsome I was when you first met me?"

"Yeah with blood all over your face?" Dahlia asked, raising a brow at him. "No thank you. Well maybe a little-"

"Okay careful, there are children present." Percy said, fake gagging as he gestured to himself and that made Luke chuckle to himself as his girlfriend hid her flushed face in his side. "Now, story time please?"

"Okay, okay." Luke said with a little smile as Dahlia rested her head on his shoulder. "Before camp, I was on the road. Me and a forbidden kid I met along the way. Her name was Thalia."

"And what does that mean, forbidden?" Percy asked, brow furrowing at the phrase.

"A long time ago, Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades agreed their children were becoming too powerful, so they made a pact not to sire any more." Dahlia explained, head still resting on Luke's shoulder as she spoke, scoffing lightly with her next words. "But of course, Zeus had to break the pact."