𝟔

。 ₊°༺♡︎༻°₊ 。

Wasted eyes on you'

"𝚈𝚘𝚞  𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝  𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑  𝚊  𝚜𝚘𝚗  𝚝𝚘  𝚋𝚎  𝚕𝚘𝚢𝚊𝚕  𝚒𝚏  𝚝𝚑𝚎  𝚏𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛  𝚒𝚜  𝚗𝚘𝚝  𝚕𝚘𝚢𝚊𝚕.  𝚃𝚑𝚎  𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚜  𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑  𝚝𝚑𝚎  𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚍  𝚑𝚎𝚛  𝚍𝚊𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚛."  ―  𝚄𝚗𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚗.

"  ―  𝚄𝚗𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚗

11:53 a.m - Wednesday, 12, - 2023

A faint hum fills my ears, vibrating every muscle in my mouth. My eyes observe the wet droplets that fall from the sky, shortly meeting with the ground. I use my index finger to trail one droplet, following until it disappears into the dark metal. I hum sad lyrics as tears muster up in my eyes. I lose myself in my thoughts, staring at the rain droplets falling onto the tinted window faster than before. 'Hold on,' The same voice in the back of my head, the voice that beats me down until all I can do is curl up into a ball, tells me. I swallow whatever tears threaten to come out.

Threaten to escape, 'It'll be okay,' The voice says, sounding sincere. One tear falls, making its journey down my face. "Okay," I whisper, for only my ears to comprehend what I'm saying. Glancing over at the screen, watching the black figures tap their black boots impatiently in the lobby.

"She's growing impatient," Spencer says, the hacker. I glance at him in the front seat, giving him a look. "Just tell me when to leave," I mumble, placing my head on the cold window. I enjoy the loneliness I feel at the moment, the quiet. Rain is the only thing that fills my ears. It crosses my mind that once I help pursue my mother, there will be nothing but noise. "Anami," Derek says, and I hum in response. Grasping my hat, I notice a silver wedding ring on his finger.

I turn around and let Darren see me, making any further adjustments to my appearance. "You sure you're ready?" Derek asks, pulling my braids to the front of my body, and laying them on my chest. Darren looks at me to put the microphone on me, I nod my head, and he begins lifting my grey hoodie.

One of his tattoo-decorated hands holds my hoodie, as the other reaches for the mini black microphone. He stops midway, his eyes trailing all the burns, bruises, and unhealed scars on my torso. "This will feel a little cold," is all he says, refusing to look me in the eyes as if he's disgusted or pitys me like everyone else. A weird feeling makes its way into my stomach as he wraps his left arm around it, covering some of my bruises. "Tell me if you feel uncomfortable, I'm sure we can work something else out."

Fuck me. I clear my throat, to stop the thoughts from rushing down there. "Alright, Spencer?" He asks, keeping his warm hands around my torso, watching as the clothing slowly falls. His hands disappear underneath the fabric, making me swallow hard as he tightens his grip, letting his fingers linger on my skin.

Spencer turns his head showing Darren and me the microphone was set up. "Just in and out," Alexei says, giving me a concerned look. I nod my head, and Darren removes his hands slowly. He clenches and unclenches his jaw and opens his car door. I look in the review mirror one last time before my car door opens, and Darren stands there, waiting for me to hop out.

Two tattooed hands hold out for me, I grasp them and hop out of the car. "Let's go," I say, closing the car door, as Darren fixes his black hat. He holds out his hand for me, and I gradually accept it as he waits to cross the parking lot. We entwine hands, as I look back at the black car we just left. "Do you think this is gonna work?" I ask, looking at Darren with unsureness in my eyes. "No, It's too easy for her, love," He says, leading me through the door, and I see the black-masked figure sitting on one of the walls, soon stopping tapping their feet. Darren ignores her, and I attempt to, but her heated glare makes it almost impossible.

"Georgina Huntersin," Darren says, to the receptionist, a different one this time. "I'm sorry, but unfortunately she's not accepting any visitors at this moment." The tall, tanned blonde tucks a piece of hair around her ear, "May I ask why?"

"She's currently in solitude, sir," She says, biting her lip, ignoring my presence.

"Okay, Lilian," Darren says, glancing at her name tag, "When will she be available to talk to?" He asks, eyes the figure in black. "In seventy-six hours," She says, as he rolls his eyes. "Three days and four hours, great," He says, and the black figure arises from their seat, brushing me past the shoulder we both share eye contact for two points seven seconds before they walk out the glass door. Darren begins a conversation with the receptionist, as he lets go of my hand, giving me the signal to go. I walk to a silver Lexus, open the car door, and place my right leg on the inside. Closing the car door, I press the button to start as I hear a familiar click. "I don't have any money," I say, and hear a dark chuckle pierce threw my ears, "I'm not stupid Anami," The figure says, taking off her mask.

"Lovely seeing you alive, Selena" Is all I say as grey eyes pierce through my soul in the car's review mirror, "I would say the same to you, but, unfortunately, this is not the time for a family reunion, Sister," She says, placing the black cold metal against the side of my head. "What happened to Georgina?" She asks, and gives a quiet scoff, "Why would I know that?" I question her, glancing at her directly in the eyes, overlooking the aggravated stare in her eyes, "Say it, spit it out. Why is she in isolation?" I roll my eyes, "She's constantly in isolation, dumbass," I say, as Selena clicks the safety off, "I'm not playing Anami," She states, and before anything can come out of my mouth, a knock arrives to the window.

"Tell him you're looking for your phone or something," She states, withdrawing the firearm as the car door opens. "Wh-" she can't say anything, Darren, maintains a loaded firearm up to her head, "I think I'm going to do the speaking now, Sweetheart."

"Selena Hart, twenty-eight, five-five, born of origin; Bakersfield California, ninety-ninety-seven, Mother too; Maximus Hart, Profession? Accountant, Husband is Richard Hart," He finishes, as my sister's eyes shift wide out of surprise.

"Sorry, was there something I forgot? love," Darren used his left finger to shut her mouth, with a smirk trailing on his face. "Now that I've got your concentration, you have something I need." He says, observing as her eyes shift from murderous to nervousness. "Coach Aroon has gone missing recently, you were on the phone with him while he disappeared, and I have an agreement to propose to you, but only if you inform me of every, single, thing that occurred on that phone call." She glimpses over at me in the review mirror for help, a term that is no longer in my vocabulary, "He'll allow you to go if you do," She sneers and attempts to unlock the car door, "Coral Evans is dead," I say which causes her to hesitate in her tracks.

"I have the pink teddy bear. If you don't help us, she will kill him, and you know that." I deadpan, indicating her son. Selena sighed and faced Darren again or more, Darren's firearm planted in between her eyes, "This is gonna be fun," He stated, a smile trailing on his face, revealing his dimples.

8