Chapter 2 - Welcome to Chaldea

...

Immediately after returning, everyone save for Altoria and I passed out. I had to catch Olga and Gudako as they conked out. Salter caught Mash as she lost her armor and shield, returning to normal clothes and glasses.

Cute megane Mash is cute, obviously.

We were quickly met by some staff who took the unconscious trio towards the medical rooms. Makes sense, they oughta get checked up after all of this shit.

"What should we do now?" Saber asks both I and one of the Chaldea workers.

"Well, we could get the two of you rooms. Chaldea is massive and has plenty of space, with or without the... losses." The man says, turning sober at the end.

"Someone you knew?" I ask.

He blinks, nodding. "A good friend... Most everyone here lost someone when that bastard blew up that room. And most of the place, actually."

Saber and I remain silent for a moment. They certainly never showed this side of things in the game. Lots of people worked here, and lots of them died. It's hard, but I know this whole Grand Order is gonna be hard on everyone, regardless of who they've lost.

After showing us to our rooms, Salter was hungry- something I was dreading. Regardless, I asked someone to show us to the kitchen so they could make the gluttonous tyrant some food. One problem with that.

"No. I wish for you to prepare my food." She declared.

She wanted me to cook for her. I know I'm Shirou, but I'm not EMIYA, dammit! So I cooked her some food, she gave me SOME praise, despite the fact that she was devouring the burgers and fries I made like a starving hound.

...It was actually kinda disgusting. I'm pretty sure she unhinged her jaw like a damn snake.

After she was sated, I went around the massive building, seeing if I could help out with anything. Turns out, they were having a hellish time cleaning the room with the Coffins- things used to Rayshift. With a flex of my magic, I returned the room to it's previous condition, pre-explosion. This allowed them to gather up the corpses.

...Even Olga's, which was barely recognizable.

A part of me still wanted to help, maybe revive those killed, but I swore I wouldn't pull any god-like shit like that a LONG time ago. I have the power, but I'm not fit to do that kinda thing. It's best to let nature take its course and all that.

After performing a few tasks here and there, I went back to my room. Or rather, I tried to, as a small, white, fluffy, squirrel-like creature was in front of my room.

"Fou!" The small thing chirped.

"Hello, Cath Palug."

"Fou?!" He gasps at me calling him by his true name.

"Don't worry, I won't ruin your cover." I say quickly. "Your secret's safe."

He eyes me warily, before nodding. "Fou."

Smiling, I walk into my room. Interestingly, the little Beast follows me in. Shrugging, I plop down on my bed, wanting to get a bit of rest. I might be a Servant, but I'm still human... kinda. Maybe I'm just used to sleeping and such. To my surprise, Fou hops up onto me and lays down on my chest.

Sighing, I tell him, "Make yourself comfortable, bud."

"Fou." He says, making the equivalent of a smile as he curls up into a ball on my chest. Smiling, I reach forward and pat him on the head. Goodness, he really is soft.

Soon, both of us fall into slumber.

Waking up the next morning (if it even IS morning, I don't have a watch. I oughta make one later), I remembered about the Dream Cycle between Masters and Servants. I'd forgotten about that, but that dream last night reminded me.