I think it was my parent's room. 

He shut the door and pulled me forward by the waist. "When do we exchange gifts?"

I put my hands on his chest. "When we get home."

"I have two gifts for you by the way." 

"I think I already told you I have two for you. Now come on, this is my parent's room. Wouldn't want them thinking anything." I lightly pushed his chest. 

"I suppose..." He said in a voice I'd used a few times. Persuasion. Dripping with it. He slowly lowered his head. "Maybe--"

"No." I laughed. "Don't even think about it. Not right now."

Gabriel chuckled and captured my lips in his. I slid my hands up his chest just as his tongue skimmed my lower lip. 

Just as I was about to let him in, the sound of the door opening brought my attention back to the present.

I pushed Gabriel back and looked to Theo.

He rubbed the back of his head and glanced up at the ceiling. "Uncle said we're opening presents. You can come down... If you want." He chuckled before walking out of the room.

My eyes wandered to Gabriel's who's were filled with amusement. I scowled at him and strutted out of the bedroom. 

Gabe's hand slipped into mine just as we descended the stairs. He grinned down at me playfully and winked. I got the gist of his thoughts as we entered the living room:

'Can't wait to give you your gift,'

**

Gabe burst into laughter along with me.

"Thank you, Anthony." Gabriel lifted up the t-shirt and held it up against his chest. It was a plain white t-shirt however the words "I LOVE YOUr boobs." written in red right across it.

"It's okay, bro. It's a derogatory t-shirt but I thought what the hell? It was either that t-shirt or 'Kiss My Face' but I wasn't as happy with that." He winked at Gabe and wrapped is arm around Eliza's shoulders. She giggled at the shirt but I could hear what she was really thinking:
'The idiot I fell in love with...'

I smiled at her as she snuggled into my brother's side.

Theo, dad and Aunt Sheryl were laughing while my mother was frowning at it. "What would your mother think if you went home with that, Gabriel? I wouldn't want her thinking..."

"It's fine Mrs. G. I'm sure she'll laugh." Gabriel said.

She frowned but didn't speak afterwards.

"Alex, open my present." Anthony said with a smile. He handed me a flat square package. 
I smiled back and opened it. It was a black covered CD case saying, "Birdy, Skinny Love."

"I knew you were in love with Bon Iver's version so I wanted to get you that one. It's slower but I think it's nice."

I remembered the song... Back in... October I think it was. I walked into my bedroom and my friends were singing along to it. It was before my birthday... Before I knew about most of this. 
The days when it was almost normal.

"I didn't want to make you cry baby sis." Anthony leaned forward and skimmed his finger across my cheek.

I forced a laugh past my lips. "You didn't I'm just happy. It's nothing. I do love Bon Iver's version. I'm sure I'll love this one too. Thank you Anthony."

He grinned and moved on to mom and dad's present.

The rest of the day and half of the evening was fun. We finished opening the presents and watching a crappy Christmas show on TV. 

Gabriel was quiet after I opened my present from Ant earlier. He'd spoken but it wasn't much. I knew he'd heard me earlier but I expected at least some form of comment on it. Instead he'd just pretended I never had that thought at all.

We'd finished dinner around 5.00pm when Gabriel and I announced that we had to go. 
"Do you have to go so soon? It doesn't feel like you've been here for the day." My dad said as he hugged me to death.

It was amazing to realize he was screaming at me earlier about my mark. 

"Yes, well- dad your squishing me." I said playfully.

He chuckled and let go of me "Will we see you at new years?"

I smiled. "Of course; I'll get Gabriel's family to come along too."

My mother was next to hug me; then Anthony, Eliza and Theo. And last but not least, Sheryl. She squeezed me but surprised me by whispering, "You've changed sweetheart. But I think it was for the better. Because there's something in your eyes that's telling me something bad is happening. I know that your mother is oblivious but I'm not."

I opened my mouth to deny it but she said, "Don't worry. I won't say anything. Just be careful."

She stepped back, winked and walked off.