CHAPTER-12 Truth of 'The monarch'

Start from the beginning

“I have to tell her, I have to tell Carol. I can't let her be with a monster. Who knows what he will do to Carol?” Chloe runs rushing to find Carol.

.
.

”Hey, who are you? Let go of me! Don't you know Ragnarök? He is going to kill you if you do anything to me,” Carol struggles while being carried by Cerberus in midair.

Cerberus silently flies in the sky without answering her. From above, Carol sees Chloe running towards the palace where the monsters are.

"Is that Chloe?” she mumbles. Seeing Chloe heading towards danger, Carol starts struggling even more.

"Stop struggling, you will fall,” Cerberus warns.

"Put me down, dumbass. My sister is in danger,”
Carol shouts as she tries to make him let her go.

"No can do, I have been ordered to only protect you,” he says as he continues to fly.

This angers Carol, and with all her force and might, she elbows him in the gut, making him pop out and fall to the ground.
The scary and dangerous dog Cerberus, defeated by a little girl, falls to the ground. Even when he was crashing, he gently sets Carol down on the ground. Carol frees herself from his arms and runs to Chloe quickly.

If Cerberus could use force, it wouldn't take a second for him to catch Carol, but his master's fear didn't let him do it. Without using his harsh powers on her, he ran after her.

“Chloe, don't go near the castle, it's dangerous. There's a monster there,” Carol shouted as she ran towards Chloe. Chloe stopped, hearing Carol's voice, and turned to her.

Her teary blue eyes and silver wavy hair fluttered at night as she looked at her sister after a long and difficult time.

"Carol…! My sister… Forgive us… We all put you in this misery. You are in the grasp of a monster because of us. Forgive us…"
Chloe mumbled as she saw Carol, but Carol was too far away to hear her apology in vain.

Suddenly, in the midst of their reunion, a monster appeared behind Chloe, breaking and crushing the palace building.

"CHLOE!! RUN!”
Carol shouted as she saw the monster behind Chloe.

She was afraid and frightened, shouting as loud as she could to save Chloe. She ran as fast as she could, but she was too far away to do anything.

The monster swung its huge hand, big enough to crumble a whole castle, towards Chloe, leaving her eyes blank, devoid of any emotion as she saw Death.

"CHLOE!"
the fear Carol had on her face when Ragnarök attacked their mansion a few days ago rushed back into her head.

“No matter what I do, why can't I save my family members?” she thought to herself. Tears covered her eyes, making her vision blurry. When they left her eyes in the form of tears, she saw him… She saw Ragnarök standing on the monster's beheaded body, with his sword and his body covered in black blood that was coming out of the monster.

She was speechless at the sight of him. He represented strength, a warrior who had fought in countless battles from an early age. That was the man she was going to marry. She snapped out of this impressive view and started looking for Chloe.

She was lying unconscious and unarmed beside the rubble, when Carol checked,
Carol took a heavy breath of relief, after knowing Chloe's condition.

“Carol! Are you okay?” Ragnarök's worried voice came from behind her, soothing and calming. She turned around to answer him, but before she could say anything, she found herself in Ragnarök's embrace. His firm, muscular arms were warm and
comforting.

"Sorry… I got blood on you,” He said, pushing Carol away after a brief moment of realization.

"No… thank you for saving Chloe, Rubin,” Carol replied. Ragnarök frowned and narrowed his eyes, gripping Carol's shoulder tightly as he looked at her.

"Carol, I know your family is important, but please… don't put yourself in danger. What were you going to do? Can you tackle that beast? You would have… died as well,” his voice cracked, and he couldn't bear to imagine that scenario.

His red eyes burned like lava. Carol lowered her head and placed her hand on top of his.

"I'm sorry, but I can't just let my sister die. I know I'm weak, I can't defeat even a small monster, let alone a big one. But still… I can't leave her dying in front of my eyes.”

" Then call me! I would have come for you. Don't you have faith in me?” He shook her in desperation.

"It's not about faith. My feet moved on their own. I can't help it,” Carol replied, her voice determined as she tightened her lips and furrowed her eyebrows.

Fine!”
Ragnarök stood up and turned his back on her.

What? Is he angry…? Don't tell me… is he sulking? Carol put her hand on her face to hide her laughter.

“But call me if you're going to jump into danger. Let's do it together. At least then you'll have a higher chance of survival. Just don't get hurt, Carol. I beg you,” he pouted in anger and frustration, but knowing Carol's stubbornness, he gave up.

Birtholt came running to him and knelt in front of him.

"Your Majesty, all the monsters we captured to use in our upcoming battle are dead. Someone must have released them on purpose."

“I know! First, take Chloe Hemsworth to the royal physician. She seems to have passed out from shock. Send knights to rescue anyone trapped inside.”

“Yes, Your Majesty.”

He was a kind king who thought about his people. People called him merciless and hateful, but he didn't leave even one of them behind to die, unlike the former king, who was greedy and selfish.

Wait a second, Your Majesty, my king.”

THANKS FOR READING!
PLEASE DO VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU LIKE.
UPDATES ARE EVERY THREE DAYS.