Chapter 13: Meet Me in the Woods

Start from the beginning

"Wow," Fred runs a hand through his hair. "You rich people sure like rings."

"You're one to talk," Juliet snorts and stands up, "You have quite a few."

"I can assure you all of mine combined are still cheaper than yours," Fred teases .

"Well do tell then," Juliet says walking over and grabbing his right hand, "What are these three?"

Fred expects her to drop her hand but he can't help but blush as she runs her hands over every single one. He clears his throat and says, "Um the one on my thumb I actually made, I had some sheet metal and tried to make a design like with stars and stuff but it didn't really turn out how I thought and then when it was time to bend it to an actual ring I sorta made it too big. Only fits on my thumb.

"I like it," Juliet smiles and traces over the small F.W in the corner and trails her finger up to the stars, then to the moon, and then ending with some random blob. "And the other two?"

"The one on my pointer is just obsidian. George and I lifted two of them once when we were in a jewelry store with my dad buying a mother's day gift for my mum. Then the one on my ring finger is one from my older brother Charlie, he made it actually. From two dragon scales he found. He was able to bend and shape them into a ring."

"Like a navy and burnt orange," Juliet says, "It's a very cool ring and that's coming a lot from me, as I hate dragons."

"Of course," Fred laughs, "How could I forget."

"It's not funny," Juliet scoffs, rolling her eyes and throwing his hand back to him before walking over to the ledge.

"I'm sorry," Fred says, scrambling up, "It's not. Say are you up for a little more risk tonight?"

"Depends?" Juliet says casting a wear look, "Will dragons be involved."

"No," Fred smiles and holds out his hand, "You can trust me. I'll protect you from anything else."

"Lead the way Freddie," Juliet grins and takes his hand.

The forbidden forest, that was where Fred had taken her. Juliet almost froze and turned back but Fred slipped his callous and strong hand in hers and everything became alright. He had said he'd protect her and she honestly believed him.

It was interesting for her to see Fred under the moonlight. It honestly made him seem more older and the way he was so eager to explain what each plant was and what it was used for. If Fred taught herbology maybe she would've actually retained and learned something. Throughout their little excursion Fred had yet to drop her hand and Juliet was wishing this night would never end.

Eventually after Fred deemed he had gathered everything he led Juliet more into the forest until they reached a tree with a rope later coming down from it. Juliet looks at Fred questioningly as he places both of his hands around her waist and lifts her to grasp the ladder, "Go on up. I'll be right behind you."

"Are you sure it's safe?" Juliet asks, clinging to the rungs.

"Positively. And I'll always be able to catch you."

Juliet takes a deep breath and begins her climb up, relieved once she reaches the small landing. Fred is right behind as he pulls himself up he takes her hand once more just as a door appears.

"Salazar," She gasps as Fred pushes the door in and walks into the magic tree house.

"Wicked right? George and I stumbled on this our second year," Fred grins as Juliet looks around.

It's a decent size with fairy lights all strong up on the ceiling and a rug in the middle of the floor. Two beanbags are on the floor and a cabinet on the wall across.

"It's not much but it's a nice place to think," Fred says and walks over to the cabinet, "Hungry? This will give you whatever food or drink you could ask for."

"I would kill for a hot chocolate."

"Your wish is my command." Fred grins as he reaches in to pull out a steaming mug.

The two make their way over to the bean bag chairs and Juliet sits down making sure not to spill the contents of her mug. Fred does the same but not before pulling the other bean bag close to hers so that their sides are pressed against one another and Fred's hand finds hers once more.

"I had fun tonight." Juliet confesses as she takes a sip before placing it down on the floor next to her.

"Me too," Fred smiles and toys with her ring.

She doesn't think anything of it before she feels him starting to wiggle it off her finger and snatches her hand away. Juliet gets up, almost knocking over the mug and shoves her ring back down.

"Juliet-" Fred states standing up, his face matching his hair.

"Fred, I explained to you what it meant," Juliet exclaims, "And it's something I don't want to toy with."

"I wasn't trying-"

"But weren't you?" Juliet excuses, "Why else move it?"

"I'm sorry," Fred says, "I didn't... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you."

"I appreciate the apology," Juliet says and makes her way back to her seat.

"Juliet," Fred says again, sitting impossibly close to her, his warm hand resting on her knee, driving butterflies into her stomach. "What would you say if I wanted to flip your ring eventually?"

"I would say you were crazy," Juliet says sternly. "And cruel for toying with my emotions."

"I'm not," Fred says earnestly and taking her hands in his, "I really like you Juliet. And if you feel the same I don't see why we shouldn't give it a try."

"It's more complicated than that," Juliet says softly, trying to avoid Fred's puppy dog eyes.

"How?

"I'm engaged to be engaged," Juliet whispers, finally looking him in the eye as Fred tilts her head up.

"To be," Fred states, "You're not engaged now. You're not dating now. So why not."

"Fred," Juliet chokes out, "It'll happen eventually."

"But not right now," Fred insists pressing his forehead against hers, "All I'm just asking is for a shot."

Juliet takes a deep breath, his scent evading her senses, "Okay."

"Okay?"

Juliet just nods with a soft smile before pulling away, "We should get back."

"Yeah," Fred nods and helps Juliet up, "After you my lady."

"You're too sweet Fred Weasley." Juliet smiles as she makes her way out. "Who knew you were a romantic under all those pranks?"

"Only for you," Fred whispers and follows her out.